Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE business hours with lunch break

This seems like it should be simple, but I can't seem to find the answer. Perhaps I am using the wrong search terms. What I want to do is build a schedule with business hours of 8-12 and 13-17, so scheduled lunch break from 1200-1300. Can I do that with just the regular business hours configuration?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is a huge short coming in the PCCE hours of operations. Another method could be to look at two schedules Business and Lunch, which in my mind is a bit more straight forward. Ultimately, these are just workarounds and another angle to Janine's suggestion.

david

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight
Good point! I hadn't noticed that before.
Maybe you can break it into two different Business Hours, like:
Sales_Morning (9-noon daily) and Sales_Afternoon (1pm-5pm daily).

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Elliot, 

Unfortunately there is no straight way to configure lunch time in Business Hours settings in the Web Admin or SPOG. I agree with @janinegraves that you can split your schedule to two intervals. Another workaround is to use one Business Hours schedule and a Time node in the ICM script. 

Let's say your have Business Hours Mo-Fr from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm as Open. Then after the IF node where you evaluate Business Hour variable you can add a Time node where connection A will be your lunch time from 12.00 pm to 1.00 pm, and connection Other will have other hours except lunch time. 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog 

This is a huge short coming in the PCCE hours of operations. Another method could be to look at two schedules Business and Lunch, which in my mind is a bit more straight forward. Ultimately, these are just workarounds and another angle to Janine's suggestion.

david

Yes, I consider the inability to have a gap in the business hours to be a huge shortcoming. I like that idea of a main schedule where open means open, but then have a secondary schedule for the gaps (lunch, whatever). In that context, 'open' in the break schedule actually means closed. It seems reasonably trivial to put that logic into the ICM script.