Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE - Embedding Jabber in Finesse

ln33147
Level 4
Level 4

Dears,

Anyone has successfully tried to embed Jabber in Finesse?

I can see on the forum that a sampe gadget was pubished previously but it is no longer available online.

Appreciate if anyone who has the gadget, if he could share it or advise on how this reqirement could be achieved.

Thank ou in advance.

Lara

4 Replies 4

detho9000
Level 1
Level 1

I know this isn't exactly what you're asking for but Cisco has embedded Jabber into Finesse in version 12 of the server.  There's also a pretty big UI refresh with version 12 along with a lot of new features.  I'm guessing that the gadget has been pulled so that people are pushed to the newest version.

Check out their demo video: https://video.cisco.com/detail/video/5989311041001/cisco-finesse-12.0-agent-desktop-for-uccx?autoStart=true&q=Cisco

Full disclosure: I haven't actually used version 12 yet but we're currently planning on updating.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. 

Could you please share with me the document where you found out this info. I couldn't find it neither in the Finesse Datasheet nor in the SRND.

Thank you.

Lara

Hi,

I'm not aware of Jabber itself being embedded into the Finesse desktop, but in Finesse 12.0, an agent can use Jabber as their phone device (where the call control controls that jabber phone) as well as do IM&P (Jabber) chat.

You can play with this functionality on the DevNet sandbox for free here: https://devnetsandbox.cisco.com/RM/Diagram/Index/61108b4a-a53f-4530-b84c-9731959ac11d?diagramType=Topology

Thanx,

Denise

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I haven't heard of anyone having a Jabber in Finesse gadget recently (pre 12.0). The sample gadget was pulled because it wasn't reliable and was causing more problems than it was worth. It was originally a hack day project so it wasn't nicely written and had lots of bugs.

Thanx,

Denise