cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE Finesse API Configuration for the Calabrio Agent recording.

Prashant Jadhav
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am configuring the Cisco PCCE 11.0 and using Calabrio Recording solution for the recording.

But as per our requirement, we need recording should start when agent login and logout recording should stop.

Currently we have tested Extension recording working fine, But recording should start when agent login and logout recording should stop.

Calabrio team is suggesting some Finesse API configuration for the agent recording. I am finding very difficulty for this API configuration.

Does anyone have any idea about the Finesse API configuration for Calabrio agent recording.

Thanks In Advance

6 Replies 6

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

So you are saying that you want it to record from the point an agent logs into Finesse vs recording every call? 

Yes Andrew, We need to record the call on the when the moment agents login's into finesse server.

And Calabrio guys are saying that some API configuration need to be done on Finesse server. Do you have idea about the what APPI configuration is required.

Not sure about the API as I used a different call recording solution with PCCE but Im still trying to figure the work flow you want to accomplish. 

If recording uses the Built In Bridge and forks the media stream what do you think is going to get recorded when an agent logs in to Finesse? 

This link takes you to the DevNet:Finesse site which is a great place to start when looking for Finesse API's.   https://developer.cisco.com/site/finesse/

The only possible thing I can think of that you are referring to is that an agent is not tied to a particular phone/extension - or in other words your agents "hot desk" or don't sit at the same desk every day. In this instance, Calabrio would have no knowledge of what calls it is recording and which agent to link those to.

This is possibly what Calabrio is referring to as far as using an API. You would need a custom gadget within Finesse to call the Calabrio API and pass user data into it, pretty much we want to send Calabrio the agentId and extension on login - so now Calabrio is ready to link any recorded calls it sees from that extension to the AgentId we sent.

You would also want to make sure that the gadget is properly sending the logout command to the Calabrio API when the agent logs out - not a great idea to leave "lingering" logged in sessions out there.

For example, an API call I would build within the custom gadget would look something like this:

"http://" + calabrioIP + "/recordingcontrols/rest/login?sender_id=" + agentId + "&peripheral_id=" + peripheral_id + "&extension=" + ext;

Hi Chris,

We have configured the same what you and Calabrio has to verify the what they are receiving.

http://<<CalabrioBaseServer>>/recordingcontrols/rest/login

Body Configured:

{
"peripheral_id": "5000",
"sender_id": "${loginId}"
"extension": "${extension}"
}

But now whenever the user is logged, then first call doesnt get recorded, but from the second call it starts recording. It seems that Finesse doesn't send the event of agent has logged in.

Do you have any idea on the same, we are still hunting to get the issue resolved.

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

Would extension mobility be an option? When an agent is logging in, they log in to their EM profile on their phone. Their EM profile is configured for call recording as apposed to the phone. When the agent logs out of finesse and their phone, that phone is no longer being recorded. This way, no API is required. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: