Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE Lab Inventory file issue

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Guys,

PCCE LAB is such a pain! Not sure why Cisco has to make it so difficult.

I am trying to deploy PCCE 11.6 in the lab. I have created all the machines and set the deployment type to Packaged Lab mode. However When I try to add the inventory file, I keep getting two errors

++ Error 1 ++

2018-08-13T18:41:42+01:00 - Error processing line 7: The user name or password for the web service /cvp-dp/rest/DiagnosticPortal/ListAppServers at 192.168.131.130:8111 is not correct. If the username and/or password contains the "=" or "&" characters, use the encoded value of "%3d" or "%26" respectively.

I have added the local admin user to the ICMDiagnostic..security group but still no joy. I get the same authentication error when I try to access the url: 

https://192.168.131.130:8111/cvp-dp/rest/DiagnosticPortal/ListAppServers/

++ Error 2 ++

CUIC ( on 11.0.1 currently)--Working on the upgrade to 11.6
2018-08-13T18:41:57+01:00 - Error processing line 11: Unable to connect to the requested resource: https://192.168.131.54:8553

I am not sure what the port 8553 is. I cant access it via the web as well.

Please help, I am frustrated !

Please rate all useful posts
7 Replies 7

dvowell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Deji,

With regard to your second issue, port 8553 is the HTTPS port for the Cisco Identity Server used for Single Sign On. The IDS resides on the CUIC server however SSO wasn't implemented until 11.5 so as you are still using version CUIC 11.0 I think this is the cause of your problem. I would suggest you try upgrading your CUIC server first and seeing if that resolves the problem.

Dave

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for the response. You are correct, I upgraded to 11.6 a few days ago and that error went away. I can't however get past the CVP rest authentication error. I have tried everything including using joining CVP server to the domain and using domain accounts. 

Hi Deji,

I’m pretty sure you need to use the OAMP credentials. Have you tried that?

Dave

Dave, 

Yes I did. I started off using OAMP credentials and when I had no luck I tried using one of my domain accounts. 

Hi Dave,

I finally got this working. The user detail is "wsmadmin" and the password is the same as for OAMP Admin. Thos user has serviceability role assigned to it and is created during OAMP install.

Thanks for the help

Dear Ayodeji,

Your post have been helpful.

Can you confirm that do you have CVP+VXML+OAMP co-resident or you have CVP+VXML on system1 and OAMP on system2.

In inventory file i have mentioned details for CVP OPS as

type=DIAGNOSTIC_PORTAL&userName=administrator&password=password; type=ADMINISTRATION&userName=wsmadmin&password=password.

Though I am getting error, just wanted to verify how to solved this. :)

thanks & regards,

Ritesh Desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Dear Ayodeji,

CVP OAMP service was stopped so the error of not connecting to port 8111. Post service restart the issue was resolved.

To those who are facing issues please refer to attached file.

with regards

Ritesh Desai.

Please rate helpfull posts.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai