Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE - Outbound multiple voice gateways

atoxet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a PCCE 2000 agent system with Outbound option. Based on Reference design, we can only 1 Dialer per Agent PG. And because this is PCCE 2000, there is only 1 PG, so we have only 1 Dialer. My question is: with 1 dialer, can we use multiple voice gateways for Outbound? And can we selectively send certain calls to certain voice gateway? (for example: with Campaign prefix 1001, use voice GW1, prefix 1002: we voice GW2, prefix 1003: use voiceGW3...)

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes but Cisco killed off the Cisco Unified SIP Proxy product used to do it. I do not believe CCBU has offered formal guidance on a replacement - check with your CCE partner to be sure. You will likely need a 3rd-party SIP proxy such as Kamailio. You will want to implement it with Record Route OFF so only the INVITE passes through the proxy; all other in-dialog messages would go direct between the PG and the selected CUBE/SBC.

Hi @Jonathan Schulenberg , there's no formal guidance on a replacement, we asked the same question a while back.
But I do have a question for you, couldn't @atoxet simply use a different gateway on the B side of the PG (i.e. PG1A uses gateway A in its configuration to make calls, and PG1B uses gateway B to make calls). Not full redundancy of course but gives some.

Thanks @bill.king1  for the suggestion. I thought of it as well but have not tried it. In fact, I haven't figured out the details, like how to use different Dialers for different campaigns. In our system, there is 1 voice GW currently in use for country A, and we need to add 2 more voice gateways for country B, so we don't have enough dialers anyway. 

Hi @Jonathan Schulenberg,

Do you think if we can use CUCM for this purpose? I.e Dialer sends call to CUCM which routes them accordingly.

Thanks,

You can configure a different SIP gateway on the Side A vs. B PG.

Egress GW selection was typically performed on CUSP based on the calling number since it can be set per-campaign.

I do not know if you can use CUCM (or CUCM-SME) between the PG and GW(s). I'd pass that question through your CCE partner and have them ask the BU for input, perhaps even formal A2Q approval of the design so you're covered with TAC. I'm a little skeptical though; CUCM tends to strip anything it doesn't understand. I doubt that Call Progress Analysis indicators would make it through. You probably want a true SIP Proxy here, not a B2BUA.

Hi @Jonathan Schulenberg

My understanding is PG A and B work in Hot-standby mode, which means only 1 PG is active. So even we configure VoiceGW_A in Dialer_PGA and VoiceGW_B in Dialer_PGB, all outbound calls are routed to VoiceGW_A, unless PG A goes down.

Thanks,