Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE - Post Call Survey

aaa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I need some help implementing Post Call Survey in our contact center. By reading the PCCE documnetation, it is saying that i need to create a CVP call studio script. I believe i can handle the ICM and some other parts of the project but I need some help on the CVP call studio part. I have my CVP call studio up and running. All i need is how to create a PCS script in CS.

Can someone please guide me on how to create a CVP Call Studio script for Post Call Survey?

I went around and i only see this documentation:

"To create a survey script or application that queries the caller for information, use the CVP Call Studio tool."

I am even trying to understand by "queries the caller for information"?

BTW' I don't have much experience with Call Studio.

Thank you for any help!

DGA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately, CVP Call Studio is one of those products that can be rather difficult to learn on your own. If you can, I would suggest taking the "CVPD" course. Multiple sellers provide the course, but it's just one person that teaches it (Janine Graves - http://www.trainingtheexperts.com/). It's an excellent course and I highly recommend it.

That said... even taking a course like CVPD, you're only going to learn about the individual elements in Call Studio, and how to use Call Studio to make apps; you won't be taught anything specific like "this is how you make a post call survey". That's a problem for you to solve on your own using the tools given.

"Querying the caller for information" would generally be done with "Menu" elements. You play some audio presenting the caller with a question and what numbers to use to answer, and then you do something based on the input they provide. Repeat as necessary.

It is quite possible to create a PCS just using ICM and Microapps, if that is what you are comfortable with. However, the data becomes much more difficult to report on, as you can't use ICM to write out to a custom database. This is one of the reasons that CVP apps are useful - you can do custom DB writes and reads, and you are not limited by ICM's "primary key" DB reads.

-Jameson

-Jameson

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Unfortunately, CVP Call Studio is one of those products that can be rather difficult to learn on your own. If you can, I would suggest taking the "CVPD" course. Multiple sellers provide the course, but it's just one person that teaches it (Janine Graves - http://www.trainingtheexperts.com/). It's an excellent course and I highly recommend it.

That said... even taking a course like CVPD, you're only going to learn about the individual elements in Call Studio, and how to use Call Studio to make apps; you won't be taught anything specific like "this is how you make a post call survey". That's a problem for you to solve on your own using the tools given.

"Querying the caller for information" would generally be done with "Menu" elements. You play some audio presenting the caller with a question and what numbers to use to answer, and then you do something based on the input they provide. Repeat as necessary.

It is quite possible to create a PCS just using ICM and Microapps, if that is what you are comfortable with. However, the data becomes much more difficult to report on, as you can't use ICM to write out to a custom database. This is one of the reasons that CVP apps are useful - you can do custom DB writes and reads, and you are not limited by ICM's "primary key" DB reads.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi Jameson,

Thank you so much for this very helpful reply! I been lurking and been seeing your very good advices and postings!

The "Janine Graves - http://www.trainingtheexperts.com"; is very good course to take and I believe CVP is a very good skill to have under the belt.

I been playing the Post Call Survey project. I am trying to use CVP call studio even though i am also interested on the one you mentioned that I can built the project by just using only ICM, with out a Call Studio. But for now, I am playing on the call studio and trying to built a stand alone application. Here is the high-level steps that has been completed:

1. Created ICM script to invoked CVP Call Studio application. Tested ICM script, routing to a Label.
2. Created CVP Call Studio script. Deployed to all 4 CVP Call Servers.
3. Created a Route Pattern in CUCM pointing to VXML gateway.
4. Created Dial-peer in VXML gateway to call the CVP Call Studio application.
5. Created application in VXML gateway.

My problem right now, is my stand alone simple application is not running. I dialed the application and it will just give me dead air then hang up after about 30 seconds.

Can you point out something that i might missed?

Again, I do really appreciate your help!

DGA

What is your reasoning for doing standalone over an ICM "GS, Server, V" Network VRU script? If you're already using CVP for microapps, that will be a simpler solution to use. -Jameson
-Jameson

I just want to test if the Call Studio script is working by dialing or calling the Route Pattern i setup in CUCM. As what i understand, if i call the route patern in CUCM, CUCM will call the application in VXML Gateway and VXML gateway will invoked the Call Studio script in VXML server?

Or, how can i test my simple (play music) Call Studio script?

Thank you,

DGA

Hi Jameson,

Some update :-).

I been playing and winging this project. I have the ICM and Call Studio finally working. Now my main problem is the real Call Studio script that will pull the survey data.

I am hoping someone out there can help me for some sample Call Studio script or some simple guidance.

Thank you,

DGA

Hi DGA,

I am also trying to set up post call survey in call studio as well but am having issues. If you don't mind, could you share your script?

Thanks!

Josh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: