cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE upgrade from 10.0 to 11.5

pranavluhar
Level 1
Level 1

We are in process of upgrading client PCCE from 9.0 to 11.5.

As per docs it looks like its three step upgrade

1. upgrade 9.0 to 10.0

2. upgrade 10.0 to 11.0

3. upgrade 11.0 to 11.5

I just noticed in one of the cisco live docs that PCCE upgrade from 10.0 to 11.5 is possible.

Anyone please confirm if Direct upgrade of PCCE from 10 to 11.5 is possible?

thanks,

7 Replies 7

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I did some internal research, it might work, but if it fails it would not be supported by TAC\BU

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/pcce/pcce_11_5_1/installation/guide/PCCE_BK_P92E0088_00_pcce-install-upgrade-11-5/PCCE_BK_P92E0088_00_pcce-install-upgrade-11-5_chapter_010011.html

Link Summery:

Supported Upgrade Paths

You can upgrade to this Packaged CCE release from any version of Packaged CCE Release 11.0(x).

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Hi Guys,

The major change from 10.0 to 11.0 is the OS and SQl platform .

11.0 is the major version which runs only on windows 2012 and sql 2014 and 11.5 is minor patch release .

So from 10.0 to 11.5 is possible through an inline upgrade after migrating the OS and SQL to the newer version .

Follow the 11.5 UCCE Install and upgrade guide , this has the clear procedure about this process.

Regards,

Shankar.A.K.

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

I guess 11.5 is type of maintenance release and not a base installer, but the maintenance release has database schema changes.

so in any case you have have to got to 11.0 and then to 11.5.

it should be simple, because while you will be upgrading to 11.0, the upgrade window will ask you to point to 11.5 release file, and if you point it, the upgrade will automatically install it and application will boot on 11.5 software.

The 11.5 upgrade comes with new deployment model. so it can not be just pointing to 11.5 upgrade file.

Have you done this upgrade ?

I thought you would have read the install upgrade document.

new deployment model is all logical, you just have to adjust your existing deployment to match the new deployment model.

anyways, attaching the snippets from install upgrade guide, which should be suffice to prove the statements.

Chintan,

Would you please give me link of this document?

this was from ucce upgrade, but since you have pcce you cab look at belo:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/pcce/pcce_11_5_1/installation/guide/PCCE_BK_P92E0088_00_pcce-install-upgrade-11-5.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: