cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE Upgrade Question

frank.castle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All.  I am working on an upgrade from PCCE 11.0(1) to 11.6(1).  I read the following blurb in a CVP licensing document:

Beginning with Release 11.5(1), the IVR service that was part of the Call Server is now part of the VXML Server. The Voice Browser sends a request to the VXML Server to service its requests. Whenever the VXML Server receives a request from Voice Browser, it consumes one license. Until now this licensing method was applied only to Call Studio application running on the VXML Server, but now the same behavior applies to Microapps. Microapps, during the execution on VXML Server, consumes an IVR port.

After reading that I'm wondering if I currently have enough VXML licenses to match my current call volume once the upgrade has been completed.  Does anyone have a process I can use to determine my current call volume to ensure my environment is appropriately sized for this new style of licensing?  If I don't currently have enough licenses, I'm assuming I'll need to go back to my client and tell them they need to purchase more which might not be pleasant.  Any help I can get on planning for this upgrade in terms of licensing would be greatly appreciated.    

4 Replies 4

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight
The quick and easy is to just log into CVP Ops Console and go to the Call Center and it'll tell you in real time of your consumption OR go to the VXML (within Ops Console) and click on Statistics and you'll get a real time consumption there as well.

Hey Omar.  Thank you so much for your response.  I actually completed the steps you suggested already however my concern was that this method would not capture peak times.  I've taken care to run through those steps during our busy hours/days of the week, however we also have seasonal volume which I won't be able to capture in real time prior to the upgrade.  I was hoping to find an alternative way to capture peak volumes over a given course of time.  I came up with the following query which allows me to find MaxCallsInProgress per CVP server:

SELECT
top(10) DateTime, sum(MaxCallsInProgress)
FROM
Peripheral_Interval
WHERE
PeripheralID = '5004'
GROUP BY
DateTime
ORDER BY
2 desc

I chose MaxCallsInProgress as it accounts for calls at CVP and calls at agent phones.  Using this query I can find the information historically however I'm not sure the best way to handle the data from there as the MaxCallsInProgress for each server doesn't always occur on the same day.  That said, I'm looking for a way to take that data and come up with a number that won't put us in a spot where we are short on ports.  I'm anxious about having the client run out of ports post upgrade because I haven't planned appropriately.  

How many licenses do they have?

The current environment has 4 CVP servers (2 per side), and each server has 335 VXML ports.  As part of the upgrade, we will be consolidating down to 2 servers (1 per side) per Cisco's documentation. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: