Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE vs UCCE

Essam Butt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

We have been planning to upgrade our UCCX to something higher.

As I understand PCCE is a pre-packed solution that comes with almost all the features of UCCE but new features cannot be added to the existing package.

What are the other limitations of PCCE compared to UCCE? And what are the added benefits for PCCE compared to UCCE?

Thanks,

13 Replies 13

You should be talking to a sales guy.  Ultimately, PCCE is great if you're never going to reach 1000 agents, which in your case I doubt you will any time soon (3-5 years).  Biggest benefits, the cost and footprint in the datacenter.

david

Thanks for your reply. I will go to the sales guy as soon as I clear my doubts.

Is there any limitations or cons to PCCE compared to UCCE?

After purchasing PCCE, will we able to add extra features / licenses later on?

What is the thing that is not avaiable in PCCE but is there in UCCE? Is it practically the same thing?

Thanks,

The way I understand it and see it, there really aren't any limitations, however the PCCE is configured in a very specific way and you can't really go beyond that.  As for licenses and features, I've not seen anything you can't get with a regular UCCE.  You can't connect PCCE to other PBXes or add new PGs for more UCMs.  Think of it as UCCX, you can get various features and add new features along the way.

david

Thanks, this is what I would like to know.

What is this specific configuration and why we cannot go beyond that?

Let's say we did a specific configuration and a year later we decided to change few configuration options, are we allowed to do that?

Regards,

jpsweeney77
Level 4
Level 4

Essam, I'd check out the following if you haven't already. If you don't mind me asking, what is the impetus for an upgrade to UCCE? Don't get get me wrong, it's my preferred platform, but just curious to hear what's leading you down the path.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/pcce/pcce_901/reference/guide/PCCE_BK_PBD08CF9_00_packaged-cce_chapter_00.html

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Packaged_CCE

Thanks for the links.

It's the increasing number of agents and the growing demands for customised reporting. Basically we want to future proof it with some of the best feautres of UCCE.

Regards,

The reporting piece is the same, CUIC.  The future proof really depends on your growth, however without knowing anything about what you do and who you work for.  You are coming from UCCX which means you had maybe 300/400 agents.  You can double in size and still be under the PCCE upper limit.  If you believe you'll triple in size in the next 2-3 years then I would go with UCCE, but if not go with PCCE and save your dollars.

david

sajith
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Essam,

Packaged CCE offers the same powerful routing and scripting capabilities of UCCE in a pre-packaged, bounded deployment with simplified Web administration and supervisor interface. The Cisco products page has updated information about the PCCE solution.

PCCE 10.5 overview video has information about the latest features and web administration enhancements.

Cisco offers a migration promotion for customers who have outgrown UCCX to move to PCCE. You can find more details on the promotion in the CBABU Ordering Guide under the Packaged CCE section.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have additional questions.

Thanks, Sajith

Hi Sajith,

This links are not working for me. please help me how to access?

Regards

Pardha

Hi Pradha,

I double checked all the links and they are working. Could you let me know what information are you looking for about Packaged CCE?

Regards, Sajith

I am getting this error "Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.".

I am looking for a document. on what basis we need to select the UCCE/ UCCX/ PCCE.

is it based only agent count , uptoo 400 - UCCX, 400 to 1500 - PCCE,  and above 1500 - UCCE.

do we need to consider any other information to consider a product for suggesting to the customer.  

Please refer to below link which explains various aspects and capacity information about PCCE setup:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/pcce/pcce_901/reference/guide/PCCE_BK_PBD08CF9_00_packaged-cce/PCCE_BK_PBD08CF9_00_packaged-cce_chapter_00.html

Regards,

Piyush Aghera

Hi Sajith,

Can you clarify on the 8 Calls per second limitation in PCCE? Can you explain about it? Is there any calls per second limitation in UCCE

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: