Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE windows policy patched using the critical Windows updates

israel.castillo
Level 1
Level 1

HI all

We have a situation that where customer is asking for critical windows patches for the contact center and steps to follow for side A and side B, but not really sure how you would know the windows critical patches for contac center, also I´ve been looking for a cisco document how steps to follow for best practices when implementing them.  PCCE version 12

4 Replies 4

Konstantin Vaksin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Cisco does recommend to run latest Windows patches. But Cisco doesn’t test them. You will need to test each patch in your lab before pushing them to the production

Kostia

If you do a search in the forum you will see a number of posts about this in the past, like this one https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/cisco-pcce-11-6-windows-updates/td-p/3856252 but basically Cisco unfortunately no longer tests the impact of specific patches, and it is up to you to determine best way to implement them (i.e. do it in a lab, do only A side one week/month and then do B side, etc.).

To pile on this. It has been years since I've seen an MS patch knock down a UCCE environment. What I recommend my customers is to have quarterly patches and break them up in two parts. Week one side B. Week two side A.

david

Great, now you've jinxed us, LOL. We have seen browser updates more often break things it seems of late, in case the original poster's group manages those as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: