Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PG service unable to start and automatically shutdown the PG server

Dear All,

We have ICM 6.0 with 5 cluster  simplex PG setup... We plan to upgrade next month... but today we have issue with one of the PG server... When we try to start the ICM service, after 5mins the error pop-up shows "icm node manager manager shutting down system. to cancel shutdown, run the 'stopshut' utility.

Please refer the error message attached and advise me on the same..

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen.S

8 Replies 8

justine.joubran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've seen this message before when I applied a Maintenance Release to one side and didn't apply it to the other side. Not sure if this has anything to do with your case.

Justine.

Dass Prakash R
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Are you getting any mdmp file during the issue. Also, pull out the logs and have a check, this might be due to a process crash happening in the PG

Hi All,

Thanks a lot your suggestion.. I have checked and found CPU utilization is reached 100% due to unknown exe  file “

svhost.exe”. Due to high CPU usage ,ICM PG services are unable to start.

Please find the CPU utilization screen capture attached for your reference. Normally  windows application will use “svchost.exe”, but we observed here “svhost.exe” is running “99%” and we are suspecting this could be Virus.

We have

informed to our windows team to check this issue.. once CPU issue fixed i'll check the PG service and keep you posted..

Thanks,

Naveen.S

Dear All,

After cleared the svhost.exe, we have try to start the PG service and unable start the ICM services...

We observed following error on the PG event , please advise your inputs on the same..

- Process mds on ICM\msk\PG5A went down for unknown reason. Exit code 0x80000003. It will be automatically restarted.

- Fail: MDS Overseer EMTListen failed.

- Failed to read TimeZone value in the SOFTWARE\CISCO SYSTEMS, INC.\ICM\msk\PG5A\PG\CurrentVersion\PIMS\pim2\GenericData key in the registry.

Thanks,

Naveen.S

Hi,

Please check the processes in the task manager whether any of the PG processes hasn't been closed and also, check for mdmp files

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for the info.. can you suggest where i can find the mdmp file in the PG.. any path?

Thanks,

Naveen.S

Please search for *.mdmp, you will get a list of the memory dump files. the mdmp files gets created when there is a process crash happening in the system

Hi Naveen,

Does it seem like some of your PG servers got their timezone updated yesterday and the others did not?

Failed to read TimeZone value in the SOFTWARE\CISCO SYSTEMS, INC.\ICM\msk\PG5A\PG\CurrentVersion\PIMS\pim2\GenericData key in the registry

Justine.