Views
Helpful
Replies

PG Virtualization - Supported Versions?

andrewdhall
Level 1
Level 1

The following document exists...

Virtualization Guide for Cisco Unified ICM/Contact Center Enterprise & Hosted, Release 7.5(3), November 2008.

It describes running PGs and Client AWs within a VMware ESX environment. The idea being running a centrally hosted ESX box running PGs connected to remote ACDs (where supported).

My question. Are any other ICM versions officially supported on ESX other than 7.5(x)? The doc doesn't explicitly comment on previous versions.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

And the answer is no, no specific Q&A or validation testing was done for it on production requirements.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

I haven't had any problems running UCCE 7.x on VM haven't tried 7.5 yet though.

david

Me neither, running UCCE 7.x(y) on VM is fine, the catch, is it supported in a production environment?

Negative, it's only for lab environments.

david

And the answer is no, no specific Q&A or validation testing was done for it on production requirements.

Thanks rbua.

So just for clarification VMWare ESX IS supported in a production environment for Client Administrator Workstations (AWs) and certain Peripheral Gateways (PGs) in a ICM 7.5(x) envirnonment as per the doc I talk about above, no other ICM versions are supported?

I appreciate other boxes (e.g. LGR/RTR) are not supported in VMWare for any ICM version.

Correct Andrew,

it was one of the big changes coming with 7.5.

Regards,

Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: