Views
Helpful
Replies

pguser role removal

pvarenholt
Level 5
Level 5

we are running cucm 10.6 & UCCE 10.5.

we are having instances where we are required to remove devices related to a user issue then add them back in and we have found that the roles assigned to pguser are getting removed as well - unknown to the administrator.

has anyone see this and what have you found to be the fix or mitigation?

tthanks,

paul.

12 Replies 12

Are you saying that when you remove/re-add a device from the pguser the pguser changes roles?

david

Hi,

I hope this is known issue we faced similar issue for multiple times during Upgrade and Support platform.

I am not able to find exact bug ID , just refer the below link. 

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuz76525/?rfs=iqvred

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

Yes, in one instance only the Monitoring Role was removed and in the other case all roles were removed.
No way that could be accidentally done by an admin...that takes at least 3 clicks.
Thanks,
Paul.

Hi

Were you able to find out the cause of this happening? We also had occurrence of all roles/groups being removed while trying to dissociate/associate a DN from PG user

No we did not....(we think).
However, we changed the way we do this by going into the screen where you remove the devices and doing the save only within this section where I used to do the save on the main screen where the roles are. So far no re-occurance (knock wood).
Thanks for letting me know I'm not too crazy.
Paul.

Thx Paul

Yes we also do the same; not sure what had happened. May be we will check with cisco if there is any bug.

So this may be a dumb question, but have you looked in the audit log files to see if this change is happening when you are doing the saving, or if it is happening at another time due to some other issue?

Perfectly valid question. Yes, we did look at the audit logs. Logs clearing the user id and rule removed. But that user was trying to save DN association with the user. Still trying to figure out all the sequence of events. T

his did have big impact and took us some time to figure this out too. So we will be following this up. Appreciate all the input.  

Yes looked at this ourselves as well as with TAC.
Nothing to correlate to determine the cause.
What version of CUCM are you on?
Paul.

We are running 10.5 CUCM and 11.5 UCCE.

And it happened again on a different PG. WE are opening TAC case also. I will post if we find anything. 

The role can't be removed from the user without administrator intervention.

CTI Manager service got improved after upgrade to CUCM 11.X and later. I would recommend you to upgrade, if you are on the erlier releases

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: