Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones Getting Calls Even Agent is Logged Out of Finesse

aniket0422
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are facing an issue where Agent is getting call from customer even if he is logged out of Finesse.

We are using Cisco 7945-SCCP and Cisco 8841-SIP IP Phones with Extension Mobility and Agent doesn't log out of extension mobility when he log out of Finesse.

CUCM and UCCX version is 11.5

Call flow is like below.

Customer --> US PBX --> H323 Trunk --> CUCM-India --> Phone

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Looks like extension 46789 was dialed, is that the extension on the phone? if so, it appears the call is going directly to the extension and does not come from CCX which means the CCX/Finesse is not involved here at all.

View solution in original post

Yes. Issue was at US Avaya PBX from where calls were coming to CUCM over H323 trunk. No issue at UCCX or Finesse.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

How do they logout of Cisco Finesse? Do they sign-out or like most agents, do they close the browser or logout of the workstation?

UCCX takes up to 120 seconds to detect the 'disconnection' and then, I believe, it takes additional (up to) 30 seconds to auto-logout the agent... which is a grand total of 180 seconds. However, typically it takes less than 30 seconds - from what I noticed... hence, "up to". Just make sure they sign out of Cisco Finesse.

When do they notice this problem? 30 seconds after logout or 3+ minutes?

Hello Mark,

1. Agents used to click on sign out button in Finesse to log out of finesse.

2. There is not specific time after logging out of finesse. Agents are getting calls ever after 30 Mins or 6 Hours after logging out of Finesse.  

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you sure the calls arrive via CCX? Perhaps it's a direct call to that extension.  You can review CCX CUIC reports and CUCM CDR records to confirm.

Hi Chris,

I pull the real time trace from RTMT for one such call. And i found below. What you can say looking at below. This call looks like direct call to agents extension.

Direct Call Log 2.jpg

Looks like extension 46789 was dialed, is that the extension on the phone? if so, it appears the call is going directly to the extension and does not come from CCX which means the CCX/Finesse is not involved here at all.

Yes, Its an extension assigned to Agent.

Line-1 - 46789 - For Incoming Calls
Line-2 - 46891 - For Outgoing Calls

This problem is most likely caused by 1. the agent(s) provided their contact information to the caller weeks or months ago, or 2. the agent(s) might be advertising their contact information via Outlook GAL or signature block. Honestly, what I would do is... call the user back and ask them. Or, you can ask the agent.

Of course there's other possibilities but it looks like this caller was external. If so, this would likely eliminate the other possibilities. 

Yes. Issue was at US Avaya PBX from where calls were coming to CUCM over H323 trunk. No issue at UCCX or Finesse.