Views
Helpful
Replies

Pickup Group does not work when call comes from CCX

Djeten
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In the Contact Center, I have created an IVR so callers can choose which department they want to speak to.

For each department, we have created a pick up group, in case the employee is not at his desk.

If we call the department directly, the pickup group works. If we call the department through the IVR, the pickup group does not work.

Any ideas what's wrong? 

CUCM version is 11.5.1.14900-11

CCX version is 11.6.1.10000-51

Kind regards

4 Replies 4

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

What are the script steps to send the call to the pick up group.  Consult Call Transfer or Call Redirect?  When you say it does not work, what does the caller hear?  Have you tried to run a debug?

It is a Call Redirect. The phone rings, so the caller hears signaling that the phone is ringing, but the pickup group does not work. The other phone in the pickup group gets no visual or audio notification.

So it is working for one phone but not another?

Make sure that the Call Pickup Group and the phone(s) are both in the same partition.

Confirm your Call Pickup Group Associations.

Make sure the line setting for the device is assigned the Call Pickup Group.

If all the config is good, I would remove the non-working phone from the pick up group and associated config and re-add it.

Let me explain a bit more.

I have a hunt pilot 80018. In this hunt pilot is a line group with 2 phones.

I have created a pickup group with these 2 phones and a 3rd phone.

The hunt pilot can be called directly by calling +32xxxxxx918.

The hunt group can also be called by calling the general number +32xxxxxx900, and choosing the correct option in the IVR (see attached screenshot).

Both calls will be redirected to the same hunt pilot.

Now, when someone calls +32xxxxxx918, the pickup group works, and the 3rd phone can answer the call.

When someone calls +32xxxxxx900, and chooses the correct option in the menu, the 2 phones ring, but the 3rd phone does not get the pickup signal.

So I assume the pickup group configuration is ok, since it works if the hunt pilot is called directly.

I'm just trying to find out why the pickup group does not work, if the call comes from UCCX.