Views
Helpful
Replies

Play Prompt to Called Party after Placing Outbound call

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

with IPCCX 5.0(IPIVR)- Prem License, is it possible to play a prompt by the IVR to the called party, after the IVR makes call to an external number and the call is connected?

If yes, how?which function is to be used?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Only if you trigger multiple scripts at the same time, not sure how you'd do that.

Chris

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Absolutely, after the successful branch simply add play prompt step in the script and it will be played to the party that answers the call.

HTH,

Chris

Hi,

As per the definition of "Play prompt Step'from the CRS scripting Guide volume 2.

"Use the Play Prompt step to play back specified prompts to the caller."

But I want to play the prompt to called party.

On using Play prompt I get the error(see attached).

Any guesses.

Thanks

Hi

Did you check if the prompt is in right subfolder and right format. Can you play the wav file in simple script.

Hi Ikram,

The same can be played to the calling party, if a call is made to the script as Telephone call.

But idea here is I want to play the prompt to the called party, once IVR calls out and call is connected.

For both the above cases I am using "play prompt" function.

By any chance has anybosy played prompt to called party after IVR callout is connected??

thanks

Yes, you can play it to the called party when you use place call step as that is the calling party then is the IPCC. I've done exact same thing on couple of occations successfully.

Chris

Hi Chris,

sorry, but I am getting the error as mentioned.

The called party will be the called number and calling party will be IPCC...correct..

But the "play prompt" says , prompt is played to the calling party which is IPCC.

Are you sure you played prompt to the called number from IVR, once IVr connects the call after making outgoing call using "place call".

thanks

The definition assumes it is an incoming call to IPCC not an "Place call" step, where the roles are reversed.

Yes, my logic was something like:

inboud call arrives

script looks thru DB for scheduled phone numbers to handle the call

IPCC places call to selected number

Menu is played to the called party to either access or reject the call

if call is accepted it is dropped and the original call is redirected to this number.

So, as you can see menu prompt was played to the called party.

Chris

ok. thanks it looks to me you used the "Menu" prompt instead of "Play prompt".

Let me try with that.

By the way,

1)I m using http trigger to trigger(initiate) the script, not with the Telephone call.Does that matter?

2)The numbers you are selecting and calling out, can you do "multithreading"

i.e. place calls in parallel, instead of sequentially using a loop.--->any function for multithreading<----

my next requirement is to call out very fast(sort of dialer).

Thanks

Nope, you will have to do one by one call.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Anyway parallel calls possible with IPIVR5.0?? By hook or crook!!

All the numbers stored in database?

Thanks in advance.

Only if you trigger multiple scripts at the same time, not sure how you'd do that.

Chris

Hi Thanks,

I can now call out and announce the message.

Now can you try to brain storm calling multiple numbers at the parallely?

Technically it should be possible somehow.

Thanks

Hi Rajesh,

I'm trying to do the same thing as you. I mean play a prompt to the called number, but i'm unsuccesfull with that.

Could you please share your script maybe ?

thank you

Fabian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: