Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PlayAgentGreeting Fails

Hello,

My Agent Greeting fails to play , i can see the call goes to the script but it fails on the PM,-a

The CVP error log shows the below:

1743686: 192.168.33.21: Nov 07 2017 11:47:54.879 +0200: %CVP_11_5_SIP-3-SIP_CALL_ERROR: CALLGUID = BF49BE00000100000003B3EE0D21A8C0 LEGID = bf49be00-a0118155-4951a-d21a8c0 - [INBOUND] - DIALOGUE_FAILURE from ICM Router sends 404 rejection to call. errorcode=15 [id:5004]
1743690: 192.168.33.21: Nov 07 2017 11:47:54.879 +0200: %CVP_11_5_SIP-3-SIP_ERROR_SNMP: Agent Greeting Failed. CALLGUID = BF49BE00000100000003B3EE0D21A8C0 LEGID = bf49be00-a0118155-4951a-d21a8c0 - [INBOUND] - ABNORMALLY ENDING - SIP code [404], Reason Hdr [SIP;cause=404] Not Found, GW call using SURV TCL flag [false], NON NORMAL flag [true], DNIS [1313131319713], ANI [2829] with AGE (msecs) 297 and Call History : 1212121219714|-1; [id:5010]

P.S: on the RecordAgentGreeting, if i click on hear the greeting i can hear the greeting.

Amer

15 Replies 15

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7
Hi,
I'm sending you a detailed configuration guide I wrote internally for my team mates in my company. Follow the guide first and see if you missed something in the way.

Everything in the document has already being done, its exactly like my setup.

Did you look at this?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-customer-voice-portal-901/212296-torubleshoot-cvp-agent-greeting-problems.html

And are you using a phone where Agent Greeting is supported (not all are).

Also, the naming convention of agent greeting changed in 11.5, are you trying to use the files you had before an upgrade for instance?

This is a new setup, and the phones i am using are 7821 with BIB enabled .

I know that the naming is different, it is now personid_type.wav, from the recordagentgreeting APP i can listen to the file but on the actual call i cant and the error message on the CVP log file is not found anywhere.

Amer

This is from the older version, but also has some other locations/files you might want to look at for the playback issue.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_Tips_for_Unified_CCE_8.5

Thanks bill but none of them is my problem (very weird), however, i can something really interesting i hope someone can explain it.
As you all know, there are two scripts (Play agent Greeting) and (record Agent Greeting), the record agent greeting have a option 1 to hear the greeting , if i choose it and the file is there it will play it (the run external script is PM,-a,A) while in the play agent greeting the run external script that is failing have (PM,-a) , now, what i have tried to do is in the PlayAgentGreeting i changed the original config (PM,-a) to (PM,-a,A) and now when an inbound call comes the greeting is played??? what is going on and why it is played with the review greeting Run external script and not the Play Greeting (PM,-a)

Amer

It would be interesting if you copied a couple of the files to the sys folder and see if it played with just the -a to see if for some reason it is defaulting to sys instead of the app folder. Documentation lists that the app folder is the default if not specified, but maybe it is a bug or something?

I copied the whole greeting folder to the sys folder and changed it to PM,-a but the greeting didnt play.

Hi Amer,

Can you please attach the CVP logs from 

C:\Cisco\CVP\logs\VXML and from C:\Cisco\CVP\logs\ for the calls made for an agent greeting?

also what do you see in IIS logs, and also what do you see in VXML gateway for debug http client error ?

Hello,

Sorry for replying late, but it took me all of this time to figure it out, the problem wasnt related to any configuration on CVP or ICM, it was related to codec configuration on the CVP VRU Label, what i was configuring was codec class , this doesnt work in the world of any recording step in CVP, it must be static codecg711ulaw, i thought i would share this in case anyone else might need this in the future.

Amer

Thank you for sharing. This was something you had set on the VXML GW?

yeah the VRU dial-peer on VXML gateway needs to be hard coded with G711ulaw codec, the voice-class codec list does not work with Record element in CVP call studio.

Hi Slavik, 

Would you mind sending me the document as well. Thanks 

Please rate all useful posts

Gladly. Sending it to you in the PM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: