Helpful
Replies

Playing a prompt and make some test in same time with UCCX

romuald.goux
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question with UCCX

I would like to create a script in which a prompt is played and a test is performed at the same time.

I know it's possible by putting the call on hold but I have a lot of different music. And I can't dedicated CTI ports for each music.

Is it possible?

Thanks for your answers

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You would need to cut the prompt to 45 seconds in length; only a single step can execute at a time. (Anthony’s suggestion about asynchronous Trigger Application is typically excellent but probably not helpful here - you would still need to stop the prompt to check the result.)

If 45 second mark is critical (how long is that prompt anyway?!), you could just cut it into two WAV files, play the first, check the other CSQ, and then play the second.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Can you rephrase what you're asking? Play a test as ask the caller some questions? If you're playing anything you're dedicating a CTI port to the call, so no matter what your port is locked up to that call. Please provide a bit more information so we can assist.

david

Hi David,

Sorry my question was not clear.

I want to test the availability of agents in another CSQ while a message is played in the first queue, without putting the call on hold. I can't dedicate CTI Port with a specific music on hold.

do you think this is possible?

Regards,

You don't have to put the call on hold to do a stat check on any CSQ. What do you currently do when you queue the call to CSQ1?

david

Hi David,

On the CSQ 1, when the call is queued. I have a step "Play Prompt" and after a step "Get Reporting Statistics". See the screenshot.

The second step is executed at the end of the prompt. But I want make the "Get Reporting Statistics" after 45 s, not at the end of the prompt.

Script.png

Regards

Romuald

You would need to cut the prompt to 45 seconds in length; only a single step can execute at a time. (Anthony’s suggestion about asynchronous Trigger Application is typically excellent but probably not helpful here - you would still need to stop the prompt to check the result.)

If 45 second mark is critical (how long is that prompt anyway?!), you could just cut it into two WAV files, play the first, check the other CSQ, and then play the second.

Hi Jonathan,

I had thought of this solution. I had hoped someone had another tip ;-)

Thanks for your help.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You could use the Trigger Application step, set to Asynchronous mode, which will allow you to do parallel processing.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your answer.

I don't see how the information is reused in the primary application. I want to be able to change the CSQ after this test.

But you gave me an idea for another point

Thanks for your help