cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Poll: Should Studio include the enhanced Audio Element?

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

PLEASE REPLY if you would like Cisco to include the enhanced audio element as an out of the box element in Studio.

The Enhanced Audio element includes the following Settings:

1) Play Audio to completion before continuing (so you can catch exceptions if audio files are missing)

2) Flush the DTMF input buffer

With this element, you'll no longer have to 'guess' which audio elements might be causing 404 exceptions. No longer will you need to disable barge in to flush the dtmf input buffer. No longer have to wonder why the activity log seems to show the CVP_Subd_Return taking 8 seconds to complete, etc, etc.

I would love to see this in Studio!!!

Thanks, Janine

6 Replies 6

shaun.milliken
Level 1
Level 1

I agree!

Shaun

vincent.zheng
Level 4
Level 4

I also agree !!

Vincent

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Janine,

Using IIS logs you can see which wav files are causing the 404s.

But not which application caused it.

So I 100% agree that we should be able to see this error in CVP Studio activity logs and error logs.

i.e. so you can be sure its the application you are debugging which is causing the 404 and exactly where it has the issue.

So the enhancement would be for CVP VXML server to log correctly the 404 error details.

This would be better than having CVP studio audio element having to play out audio before continuing.

i.e. as this could have a negative performance impact or delay in future elements.

But if 404 error logs is not be possible, then I 100% agree, this should be a non default option.

Summary of Enhancement

Log the 404 error logs with the wav file URL in CVP Studio application logs.

Have an option (checkbox) in the play media element to clear DTMF buffer (unchecked by default)

Have an option (checkbox) to play out media before preceeding to next element (unchecked by default).

Note: Last feature should only be added if CVP cannot log wav file errors correctly (which they do not do today)

Gerry

I agree as well!

Denis
Level 1
Level 1

Would be great to have it!

Denis

Ryan Hilfers
Level 1
Level 1

+1, ability to block on audio is a must have!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: