Views
Helpful
Replies

Position in Queue, Estimated Wait Time

alexmorrison
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using IPCC Enterprise 6.0 and would like to play the customers position in queue as they move through the queue. I can get their position as they enter the queue using RouterCallsQNow, however I don't know how to get their position as they move through the queue. Is this possible?

I would also like to do this for the Estimated wait Time. Again, I can work out their EWT as they enter the queue, but once they've been in the queue for some time how do I calculate their new EWT for that call?

Thanks,

Alex

7 Replies 7

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

I don't think it is possible to move the positions through the queue.

dldresser
Level 1
Level 1

I am interested in this as well...the issue as you stated is determining what position in queue the caller is, not to try to move the caller's position in the queue. You would think that if it was already a predefined variable it would be a call variable...

There is a call variable 'TimeinQueue' that could be used to estimate the new EWT for this particular caller by doing [EWT-TimeinQueue]. But I would prefer to be able to grab the position in queue in order to either play back to the caller via IVR or use that number in my own calculations.

If anyone has any other ideas, please post.

Thanks!

The script repository avilable at the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/application/x-zip-compressed/en/us/guest/products/ps1846/c1028/cdccont_0900aecd80179234.zip

Has a position in queue script that you might be able to use.

HTH

David

Position in queue is not available in IPCC Enterprise. The script reposistory contains a script that will only work with IPCC Express.

Playing EWT during queuing is something I would recommend avoiding. There is a potential for a large margin of error when performing calculations using averages.

Actually PIQ is available in IPCC ENT 6.0. We have used it on many projects. All you need to do is populate the RouterQNow stat in a call variable using the Set Variable Node in an ICM script. Then you can use it in the same way the ICD example script is. The only change would be to use the GET ICM Data step instead of ICD Call Statistic step. One last note on this; you should only play the PIQ upon entry in to the Queue otherwise it will continue to play the total number of calls in Queue to the caller instead of their real Position in Queue.

gary.fletcher
Level 1
Level 1

Alex

Did you ever get a solution in place for this request?

If you did what did you have to do?

I can suggest

in the script

in the queue to run the jawa program

which will record the waiting time (TimeInQueue) cyclically

for example 10 seconds, 20 seconds 30 seconds etc

to answer, and this jawa program will read the same time as EstimatedTotalTimeInQueue

and calculate the remaining time to queue (EstimatedTotalTimeInQueue - TimeInQueue)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: