cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible to use multipart/form-data content type for "Make REST Call" step?

detho9000
Level 1
Level 1

I need to reach out to a web server using the "multipart/form-data" content type but every time I configure it in the Make REST Call step in my UCCX script the step fails with a fatal exception (for some reason I can't capture the exception data when this happens - all I know is that the script stops processing at that point.)

I've tried leaving the field blank and adding it into the headers ("Content-type: multipart/form-data") which produces an exception and then configuring "text/html" in the field and adding in a header but that produces a 500 internal server error on the remote end.

I don't absolutely have to use the Make REST Call step if a different step would work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Update 1

The correct syntax for the Content Type field is "multipart/form-data; boundary=----SomeArbitraryStringHere".

However the step doesn't actually parse the form data correctly in the resulting TCP packet.

1 Reply 1

jacob.dryer
Level 1
Level 1

I am encountering this problem as well.  Were you able to figure out why the data in the TCP packet isn't parsing correctly?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: