cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Post Call Survey - Call Context Not Restored from Most Recent Call Leg

Mark Cockrell
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing an issue with Post Call Survey (UCCE / CVP 11.6) when calls are transferred between departments and the result is that the Post Call Survey leg of the call is restoring all variables (PV's and ECC's) from the initial call leg as opposed to the second or final call leg.  This is despite the fact that these calls are transferred via CTI Route Point (CUCM Routing Client) and UCCE / ICM has maintained and updated call context throughout the life of the call.  

Has anyone else experienced this issue and do you know if this was the intended design of the Post Call Survey?

This is an issue for us as we would like to cater the post call survey question based on the final answering department / agent.  If the call is answered by Sales and then immediately transferred to Billing you want to ask the customer a Billing specific question versus a Sales question.  Short of doing some custom real time variable re-population in the Post Call Survey leg of the call it doesn't look like this is possible based on the current behavior we are seeing.

4 Replies 4

I seem to remember there was something related to needing to have SendtoVRU in the transfer scripts for the data to be maintained/updated.

There are also some bugs out there with it, like this one https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvh97521 , so you may want to experiment with your transfer scripts having/not having it, adding in the LAA node like mentioned here (which seems crazy as a workaround), etc.

@Mark Cockrell, did you ever get the solution to your issue? Did the workaround they mentioned in that bug resolve it (adding LAA node ahead of the queue node, presumably in the 2nd script)?

@bill.king1 , we were not able to solve the issue natively with UCCE.  We ended up having to write and retrieve the variables ourselves in our survey application.  The support engineer I worked with at the time referenced another bug:  https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvq46763

We never upgraded beyond 11.6 so I can't say for sure if this is fixed in later releases.  

@Mark Cockrell , thank you VERY much for your quick reply, I did multiple searches for defects and didn't come across that one you mentioned, I must not have had the right combination of characters, but I will share that one with TAC and see what they say.