Views
Helpful
Replies

PostInstall for UCCX 8.5 CAD Issue

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I have a customer with UCCX 8.5(1)SU4 Enhanced which uses CAD version 8.5.1.417.

When I run PostInstall.exe I get the message below:

Warning: if PostInstall is run as a domain administrator you will not be able to set up RASCAL replication later

I am using a domain admin account and am trying to get PostInstall running so that I can enable the virtual environment setting.

Can I ignore this warning or should I use another type of account?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yeah - from a 'client' (which is the only place this exists on 8+) you don't have any sort of replication to configure. I'm guessing it's picking up that you are a domain admin and has some legacy code that would have picked up that scenario on  a CCX server where you have added it to an AD domain (generally 'bad practice' in Cisco's view) and are configuring it with a domain admin.

On a client you pretty much have just the setting you want for term services, and the SPAN NIC selection. Nothing that can break the server...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yeah - from a 'client' (which is the only place this exists on 8+) you don't have any sort of replication to configure. I'm guessing it's picking up that you are a domain admin and has some legacy code that would have picked up that scenario on  a CCX server where you have added it to an AD domain (generally 'bad practice' in Cisco's view) and are configuring it with a domain admin.

On a client you pretty much have just the setting you want for term services, and the SPAN NIC selection. Nothing that can break the server...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!