cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PostInstall Voip Monitor Service

GadgetFood
Level 1
Level 1

I worked with TAC on an issue with desktop monitoring. They let me know that within the Postinstall.exe there is no way to have the primary nic automatically selected and this would have to be completed everytime if there is an issue with monitoring and this is not selected or has the other NIC selected. My question is does anyone know if there is a way to edit the following screen to update to the primary NIC through registry for the client postinstall voip monitor service?   

5 Replies 5

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

James,

I am afraid there is no way to update the Post Install on the fly using a Registry. I tried to look for the options in the Registry Editor but no luck. The registry entry that stores the value Computer\HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Calabrio\CAD\PostInstall stores the information in Binary format so not sure if it can really be decoded and can be changed on the fly.

May be you can consult your IT/Windows team or someone on the community can shed some light having done something similar in their setup

Regards

Deepak

I kind of figured I have consulted with them and they are looking into it on their end anything they may be able to do. Didn't know If anyone ever tried this by writing or script or something that could be a starting point. Thanks for feedback.

Generally speaking if there is one NIC, it works great. As you'd expect..  most desktop PCs work like this. And usually in callcentres and most offices that use CCX type functionality/job roles this is the case.

When folks are using laptops or for some reason have lots of NICs it becomes unreliable. Probably your best option is to look at Finesse and use the phone bridge for monitoring..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron you bring up a good point about Finesse as I am running in mix mode but developing the teams work flows etc from what I am going by the guide. 

It seems from what you stating is Cisco Finesse doesn't care what adapter your using so there won't be no limitation there. 

Your right all these are lapels with Lan nic and wireless

Very good point Aaron [+5], Finesse is really good when it comes to Agent Monitoring as it will be using the Built In Bridge of the phone itself and really does not care about setting the Post Install, NIC binding etc.

Great thought Aaron!!!!

Regards

Deepak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: