Views
Helpful
Replies

Precision queuing steps question

whoisg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All! 

Just a theoratical question about precision routing.

As far as I know there can be up to 10 steps assigned to a PQ to extend/change the targeted group of agents.

In my example there is no wait time connected to the steps. Let me use the common example, I would like to route the call to the most expert Sales agent:

Step 1: Sales = 10

Step 2: Sales >=5

Step 9: Sales >=1

Step 10: Sales_backup =10

As you can see I have a backup team for cases when no sales agent is available.

What will happen when there are no sales agent available, the PQ goes to step 10 and the call waits for an agent from backup team, and an agent logs in with Sales proficiency 10? She will recive the call, or the PQ will ignore it because it waits in step 10 for a backup agent?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Piyush Verma
Level 4
Level 4

After a call is queued, the first step begins and the timer starts. If no timer, call moves on to the next step and so on. After the call reaches the last step on a precision queue, it remains 'queued' on that step until the call is routed, abandoned, or ended (but it doesn't queue to any of the previous steps)

so in your example, call will not go to the 'Sales' agents.

To send call to 'Sales' Agent as well in the last step - you'll need to define an OR condition like this (you can play around with proficiency as required, but for example I added OR condition with Sales>=1)

Step 10: (Sales_backup =10) OR (Sales>=1)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: