Views
Helpful
Replies

Predictive Outbound dialer- IP-Phone not getting reserved

santoshmhaske1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are having predictive mode outbound dialer configured in our setup.

As per predictive mode CTI Toolkit and agnet ip-phone should go in reserve mode but in our case only CTI toolkit is going in reserve mode there is no activity on IP-Phone. Once customer gets connected dialer transfer that call to IP-Phone.

Does any one know why predictive dialer is not behaving as per its default feature of reserving IP-Phone also?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Santosh Mhaske

15 Replies 15

How do you reserve a phone?  The reservation happens in the desktop, where the agent will not receive another ICM controlled call while the agent is reserved waiting for an outbound call.  However, if for some reason someone calls this agent directly the reservation will go away.  From what you've described, this is working as expected.

david

Nathan Luk
Level 1
Level 1

So the CTIOS toolkit goes into reserved state ok and then the call just gets dropped through? What version of UCCE are you running? In 7.5 outbound reservation calls switched to being virtual reservation calls (ie no physical call is placed to the agent anymore). Does the dialler still continue dialing customers and drop them into agents once they answer?

Cheers,

Nathan

After agent desktop reservation and customer call connection with dialer call is getting transfer to agent IP-Phone successfuly.

Our production ICM version is 7.5.6 and UAT ICM version is 7.5.

In production its happening like this way.

But in UAT agent desktop and agent IP-Phone both goes in reserve mode. IP-Phone phone goes on hold and number it displays the dialer port number.

After dialer gets connected with customer number it transfers the call to IP-Phone successfuly.

In both the setup predictived dialer is working properly but the behaviour is different.

It sounds like you're running different types of dialing modes.  Can you post both reserveation scripts?

david

I'm finding the description of the problem somewhat confusing. Could you try to state it more clearly?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi,

I have attached herewith my UAT and Production admin & route script.

Below is the scenario which is happening in UAT and Production in case of Predictive dialer mode,

UAT: After uploading a campaign file cisco cti agent desktop and ip-phone both goes in reserve mode. Once customer answer the call, it get transfer to agent ip-phone successfuly. In this case CTI toolkit and ip-phone both are in reserve mode.

Production: Only CTI agetn desktop goes in reserve mode there is no activity happens on IP-Phone. Once customer answer the call it get transfer to agent ip-phone successfuly.

UAT ICM Version: 7.5

Production ICM Version: 7.5.6

Regards,

Santosh Mhaske

Do you have device targets on your Media Routing PG?

Regards,

Geoff

Yes Geoff.

Production: Only CTI agetn desktop goes in reserve mode there is no activity happens on IP-Phone. Once customer answer the call it get transfer to agent ip-phone successfuly.

This is a sure sign that the Router is correctly selecting the agent for the reservation call (going Reserved) but the call cannot get there because the MR PIM cannot resolve the agent selected to the target. Something is missing. The scripting is correct - otherwise the agent would not be Reserved. No need to post those scripts  - you must have thatpart correct.

Compare this to a similar situation when (say) CVP is the routing client and you have not configured the device target on the CVP PG. The agent will be Reserved, but the call cannot be delivered and you will see an error in the Router Log Viewer.

Do you see an error in the Router Log Viewer.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I have checked in router log viewer but there is no error. IP-Phone lable is getting mapped correctly as per router log viewer.

Regards,

Santosh

Let me see if I understand this right:

In both cases calls are successfull, however in production you see a reservation call on your physical IP Phone, but in UAT you do not?

If I am understanding that correctly then the situation is exactly as Nathan described. Cisco changed the way reservation calls work around version 7.5(6). Reservation calls are now virtual and only show up on the CTIOS software, not on the physical IP Phone. Upgrade your UAT environment to exactly match the version in production and the differences will go away.

If I am understanding that correctly then the situation is exactly as Nathan described. Cisco changed the way reservation calls work around version 7.5(6). Reservation calls are now virtual and only show up on the CTIOS software, not on the physical IP Phone.

Good advice. I am behind on my Dialer experience.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi David,

I have attached the admin and route script from both UAT and Production.

Regards,

Santosh

Sounds like version differences to me. You said you were running 7.5 in UAT, any particular version of 7.5? I have worked on a 7.2 dialler and then the next version I worked on was 7.5.6 and somewhere between 7.2 and 7.5.6 it switched to virtual reservation calls which is what you are experiencing in production (ie no physical call placed to the phone although if you look at a dialer port realtime report you will see dialer ports in use on reservation calls). If you're running different versions of ICM between UAT and prod doesn't that kind of invalidate any UAT testing you would be doing when migrating into prod?

Cheers,

Nathan