cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prioritizing calls in different queues

cilindsey
Level 1
Level 1

We have several different queues and one of them is extremely busy constantly, is there a way to prioritize a call coming in from one of the other queues even though the other calls have been waiting longer?  I saw another post and I placed a "Set Priority" step at the beginning of the "queued" option of the "Select Resource" step for each CSQ.  I then called in on the line that has a priority 2 and called in on the line that has a priority 1 after that and went into available on the agent desktop and I still received the call that was waiting the longest first even though it was a priority 2.   I am stumped and I would appreciate the help.  We have UCCX 5.0.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

That will work, you've just got your priorities upside down. Priorities are 1 through 10, 1 being lowest, so your priority 2 call was considered more important than the priority 1 call.

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

jasyoung is correct.  1 is lowest, 10 is highest.

Also, I'm not sure if you can change the priority after the call has already been queued.  It may work, but I've always set the priority before it ever hit the select resource step. 

If it's not working for you, try moving the priority setting before you do the select resource.

Cliff

cmcglamry wrote:

Also, I'm not sure if you can change the priority after the call has already been queued.  It may work, but I've always set the priority before it ever hit the select resource step.

You can do it while queued. Sometimes you'll have an application like a low-priority, last-served queue but you want to make sure people don't wait forever. You can increment priority while in queue if they've been in queue over a certain threshold time, putting them on equal footing with higher priority calls so they can't be starved out forever.