cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Priority Queueing in UCCX

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

We currently have a single CSQ with agents assigned to it with no priority queueing. I`ve been asked to create a second queue for priority callers via a separate DDI number. From reading up it seems that if I set the Priority before Select Resource, the priority is set across all CSQ`s is this correct or does it only effect the CSQ you Select Resource?

My iinitial dea is to create a second script with a new CSQ called "XPriority Callers" in UCCX and assign the same agents to it then set the priority of the call to say 5 and select this resource in the new script

Question I will create a second script, If the same agents are in the two different Q`s does the priority Queueing work or should I have a single CSQ with both scripts using the same CSQ will the priority now work? or a single script which both DDI`s access?

Also what is the default Priority level if none is set ? 0, 5 etc ?

Will the proirity queueing work if the call calls  from diferent scripts to the same Resource or does it haev to offered via the single Script

thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Priority is assigned to the contact across any and all CSQs he/she may be in. While it will work, there is no advantage to creating a separate CSQ for higher priority contacts. I suggest just using the Get Trigger Info or Get Call Contact Info steps to determine which trigger the caller arrived on and increasing the priority if needed. The default priority is one (1) for all contacts.

View solution in original post

It doesn't negatively impact reporting. If you have a specific report you are referring to we can address it. For the most part only those that show the individual triggers (application-related) or the contact priorities would show any difference.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Priority is assigned to the contact across any and all CSQs he/she may be in. While it will work, there is no advantage to creating a separate CSQ for higher priority contacts. I suggest just using the Get Trigger Info or Get Call Contact Info steps to determine which trigger the caller arrived on and increasing the priority if needed. The default priority is one (1) for all contacts.

Thanks,

What about from a reporting point of view, does it happen and does it effect the reporting?

It doesn't negatively impact reporting. If you have a specific report you are referring to we can address it. For the most part only those that show the individual triggers (application-related) or the contact priorities would show any difference.

Hi Jon

thanks for you input, I got the priority queuing working

I know it's a few months later but can you please post how you got it working?

If possible - please attach a copy of the script (personal/confidential info removed of course) and an explanation of what you did?

Cheers,

Brett

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: