cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Recording on CSD - UCCX 7

Zapparoli
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, my name is Eric, and I have a Unified Contact Center Express 7.x environment, and I have a problem that I didn't solve.

On Cisco Supervisor Desktop, when I recording a agent call and try to listen it, there is no audio. I record de agent call, but I'm not able to listen, no sound.

Attention: All the basic troubleshooting has made and if I try to monitoring the call, I can do it. But when I try to recording the call, I not listen it.

Here is some images about the problem.

1.JPG

3.JPG

9 Replies 9

anubhati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To troubleshoot it will be important to figure out if the issue is with the recording of the call or when the supervisor is playing back the call.

a) To start with first confirm if QOS RSVP service is running on all the CAD work station. If its not, please enable and try to record and play the recording.

b) convert the to&Fro RAW files to WAV with the help of RA2WAV converter on the server and try to play the file through VLC or windows media player. If there is silence then no RTP packets are reaching the server.

Changin the RAW file to WAV can be checked through this link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2048558?tstart=0&viewcondensed

c) If the WAV file plays then make sure on the CSD there is no firewall or antivirus and try to play the recording again

Hope this helps

Anuj

Hello, lets see the facts:

"a) To start with first confirm if QOS RSVP service is running on all the CAD work station. If its not, please enable and try to record and play the recording.

It was disabled, and I enable this service. I will try to record and listen then.

b) convert the to&Fro RAW files to WAV with the help of RA2WAV converter on the server and try to play the file through VLC or windows media player. If there is silence then no RTP packets are reaching the server.

When I record the file and when I try to listen it, it is wav file, and not RAW, or I`m wrong? When I try to listen then, it is silent.

Changin the RAW file to WAV can be checked through this link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2048558?tstart=0&viewcondensed

c) If the WAV file plays then make sure on the CSD there is no firewall or antivirus and try to play the recording again

There is no firewall or antivirus. But I will check it and soon as possible I put my observation. "

Thank you very much.

yiosepvaldes
Level 1
Level 1

hello guys,

i need your help, i have the same problem but but my case has some differences.

i have the uccx version 7.01sr5 and only appear the issue on the recorde of two agents, both agents have a same model of ip phone (cp7942g v09).

other eight agents on the same platform can be recorded without any problem.

someone who can help me?... is urgent and thanks for your help.

Are you able to monitor those agents?

have you checked if the recording files are greater than 2K?

Is the firewall and AV disabled on the PC?

Also you can try to get an sniffer trace in the agents PC when the supervisor starts the recording to double check that a copy of the RTP is been send to the UCCX server

hi walter,

thanks for your attention, and respond your questions

1. areyou able to monitor those agents?

yes.

2. have you checked if the recording files are greater than 2k?

no, i will check this issue soon.

3. is the firewall and av disable on the pc?

yes.

the monitor with sniffer carried out as soon as possible and I'll let you know what find in this test.

hi walter,

the monitoring tests performed with the sniffer didn´t show a satisfactory result on traffic is expected to generate double audio stream from CAD, when it is recording for CSD.

only i see the respective signaling between CAD ​​and UCCX server.

any other ideas or suggestions for tests.

thanks for the support.

Ok in this case we need to get monitoring working first. If you dont see any RTP coming from the IP phone to the PC, please uninstall any AV or firewall, update the driver of the NIC and be sure that you Pc is plug at the back of the IP phone. Also check in the phone itself if SPAN to PC port is enable sometimes the phone fails to download the configuration from the CUCM.

HTH

Please rate this post if was helpful

Walter Solano

I had the same problem like this before. Silent monitor works but cannot play back the recorded files.

But it may be the different problem for this case, I just want to share it.

In my case the problem came from network firewall. Like this

Agent PC ---> ASA(Firewall) ---> Supervisor PC   this case firewall allowed the ports

But

Agent PC ---> ASA(Firewall) ---> UCCX Server   this case firewall blocked the ports

After I changed the firewall rule, the problem was solved.

randymills
Level 1
Level 1

Eric,

I know this may sound very basic,but have you considered turning the volume up on the actual recorder? i notice in the jpegs the volume was all the way down..

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: