cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems moving IPCC from hardphones to Jabber

callen132
Level 1
Level 1

To combat changes in the workplace due to the virus, we've been moving UCCX agents from on-campus hardphones to off-campus and jabber.  I've been removing their ipcc number from their phone, and assigning to their Jabber profile.  I've made sure that the Jabber profile is assigned to the RMCM application user.  For myself and another user this works just fine, for two other agents they get the "device associated with that extension or dial number is invalid" when logging into Finesse. I can't figure out why it's working for some and not others.  Any suggestions, or is there a better way to accomplish this?

We're using v12.6.2 jabber, CUCM 11.5 SU6 and UCCX 11.5.1

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It can be a bit flaky, but I've found that if you remove the deskphone from the rmcm user first, before making any changes, that this helps to not confuse the system. You may need to configure the users back to the way they were and start the config over again in order to reset things.

If you were really ambitious, you could pull the logs from UCCX and I bet you would see the old device name being referenced, but since the ACD extension is not on that device any longer, you get the error. The only way to fix it, that I know of, is to give UCCX the dekstphon back to monitor it, then remove it properly the second time through.

What we found was that "Allow control of device from CTI" was not enabled in some of the Jabber profiles.  This was causing the sporadic problems.

However - I took your suggestion and found that the system lets you assign the IPCC number to their phone and jabber profile, as long as only one is assigned to the rmcm user.  As people were moving back and forth between on campus and at home, I'd go into the rmcm user and de-select the phone, save, then assign the jabber profile, then save again.

So far this process has seemed to work pretty well.  Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: