Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prompt Management in UCCX 7.x/8.x

Looking for the best approach in allowing frequent updates to prompts for non-administrators. I've seen posts on custom IVRs ... not sure if anything has changed in 7.x or 8.x to help facilitate this. Any info appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nothing has changed. You have to get the prompts into the Prompt Repository. The only two methods of doing that are the web interface or an IVR that uploads the prompt. The root cause of this restriction is that the repository is actually BLOB data in the database which is then replicated to the file system periodically. There are no APIs for importing this data into the database through another means.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nothing has changed. You have to get the prompts into the Prompt Repository. The only two methods of doing that are the web interface or an IVR that uploads the prompt. The root cause of this restriction is that the repository is actually BLOB data in the database which is then replicated to the file system periodically. There are no APIs for importing this data into the database through another means.

Thanks for the quick reply Jon. I've never used the IVR method, though recall seeing a built-in script for this. Is this one end-user friendly, or is it best to just build a custom script the client?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

The only one built in is for name recording which is rarely used. It was built before Unity had a good directory handler I guess. I would suggest building your own (which you can then reuse from client to client).

Thanks - you were a great help!