Views
Helpful
Replies

QM 8.0 Manual Sync failure

wenqianyu
Level 3
Level 3

All,

I am testing QM802 with UCCX802 Premium HA enabled.

I have loaded licenses for CR, QM and AQM seats in UCCX. In QM Site Configuration, those seats are displayed correctly.

I installed Monitoring and Recording Administrator application on a PC. When do a manual Database Sync, get error:

SyncServer Error: Sync Failure: Sync Failed: com.calabrio.sync.engine.DataSyncException: Exception while getting DB Connection.

Check the log, it seems need an ODBC link to UCCX server.

In the Installation guide, no where mention about setup an ODBC link. However, in the Release Note for WFO 1.4, it did mention ODBC as following:

5.4.10.2 Sync Service

The MR Sync Service reads data from the Unified CCX system using an ODBC interface. It

maintains an ODBC connection with the UDB and runs queries every ten minutes and stores the

information on the MR Base server. The information that is read consists of:

- Agents

- Teams

- Supervisors

I tried to set up an ODBC link based on Wallboard ODBC link instruction, but it always fails Test with DBSERVERNAME not match INFORMIXSERVER

Anyone have a clue how to set this up?

Thanks,

Wenqian Yu

13 Replies 13

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I had a TAC case (SR615957559) about this and it turns out there are undocumented limitations on the workforce user password. I ended up shortening the length to something like eight and removing special characters. The engineer couldn't provide me a definitive answer on exactly what what the limits are at the time nor did he provide me an official defect ID for this one.

Anyways, you may want to try changing the workforce user password on CCX and then updating the Cisco Unified CC Database password within WFO MR by re-running the postinstall.exe program. The Cisco Unified Workforce Optimization Monitoring and Recording Services Installation Guide 8.0 loosely covers this on page 61.

Jonathan

Thanks for Reply.

I have tried a very simple password and it was still no sync between QM 8 and CCX 8.

In QM 8 Event Viewer, there is an error every 10 minutes:

Error Source:     QM-Syncservice

Event ID               4096

Description:          SYNC2000 Failed to connect to Side A of an ACD Connection. Will Try Side B

SYNC2001 Synchronization failed with exception

In UCCX system (RTMT), there is no trace that any attempts come from QM system.

The QM can retrive Seat licenses loaded in CCX system. There should no issues that QM can not find CCX System.

In the Installation Guide, there is a Note in the Site Configuration about Side A:

"

Site Configuration Setup appends _uccx to the name that appears the next time you run Site Configuration Setup. NOTE: Do not remove _uccx from the name.

"

I do not see this appended _uccx in Server Name. I only see _uccx appended in DB Instance Name

I run out of idea what else I can try now. I am waiting for local Cisco team to find someone who know about QM 8 and CCX 8.

If you have anything you think that worth to try, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Wenqian Yu

I am waiting for local Cisco team to find someone who know about QM 8 and CCX 8.

Open an SR with TAC. They will escalate it to Calabrio since they wrote the thing.

The update of this issue.

When installing UCCX system, all server names be entered in UPPER case. However, all database names are in lower case. For example, if the server name in UCCX is SERVER1, then the database name that QM trying to access is server1_uccx

When in QM Site Configuration, I entered UCCX server name as SERVER1, and it automatically set DB Instance Name as SERVER1_uccx

This end up with sync error between UCCX and QM system.

To fix this, change server name in QM Site Configuration to server1, and the DB Instance Name be changed to server1_uccx.

After this change, sync come good.

What a simple fix this is. I did not see from installation guide about this. But I do think this is a common behaviour.

Wenqian Yu

Hi Wenqian,

Thanks SOOOO much for posting the solution. It fixed my problem as well, and it's in QM8.5.1 + UCCX8.5.1 combination.

高手啊高手!!!

Robin

FYI, Hyphens are also automatically converted, to underscores.

E.g., If your UCCX hostname is SERVER-1, then your Informix instance name will be server_1_uccx; which is how you should type it in QM.

I found some interesting description in WFM installation guide, this seems to apply to both QM and WFM

Primary Instance Name Enter the instance name of the primary Unified CCX

database. When typing the database instance name,

use the following guidelines:

■ Convert all uppercase characters to lowercase

characters

■ Replace all hyphens with underscores

■ If the host name starts with a number, add the

prefix i

■ Append _uccx to complete the instance name

For example, if your host name is 80-ABC, your instance

name will be i80_abc_uccx.

Primary Instance Name Enter the instance name of the primary Unified CCX

database. When typing the database instance name,

use the following guidelines:

■ Convert all uppercase characters to lowercase

characters

■ Replace all hyphens with underscores

■ If the host name starts with a number, add the

prefix i

■ Append _uccx to complete the instance name

For example, if your host name is 80-ABC, your instance

name will be i80_abc_uccx.

thanks. great stuff. you would think these should be included in the installation guide somewhere. The documentation for this is not good. I had a bunch of problems running initial configuration after the installation which i have to figure it by myself.

Jian Shen wrote:

I had a bunch of problems running initial configuration after the installation which i have to figure it by myself.

Same here.  That's why people who can afford it, proof of concept things in a lab before actually needs to happen.  Unfortunately, that's not many people.

Hi all,

This is great. I've been stuck on this for over a day now. The documentation certainly lacks detail for this product.

UCCX 8.5 does not tell you that the WFO password is too long or if it has been changed either way. Also case sensitive server names should be listed. I will make a note of this for all my colleagues for future reference.

Oli

Awesome post!  i just installed 11.5 and my hostname had hyphens in it... i changed it to underscores and it worked!

hi thanks you information resolve my problems...

Having since posted my last comment concerning QM and UCCX database problems, I now appear to have another.

2 problems at the moment:

1. I cannot log into the user interface on the https://WFOserver:8448/calabrioone/login.html - IE and firefox cannot open the webpage. I can't even open this from the localhost.
  2. I know have another DB error. SyncServer error: Connection refused: connect - this is similar to the previous posts, but I can read the DB from UCCX to pull user and supervisor info. I'm not sure what the problem is here. I checked the logs and there appears to be no errors.

Anyone that has any experience of this I would greatly appreciated sharing that knowledge.

Thanks

Oli

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: