Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QM 8.5(2) Active Directory ( AD ) integration problem

HI All,

could you please send me the format of the  active directory integration configuration on the QM to fill the attached  screen shot ( kindly provide a screen shot of a working configurations). as i tried many formats and i followed the installation and administration guides wEnterprise Settings (AD Settings).JPGithout success .

Thanks

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

If you have a user with the

First name: John

Last Name: West

ou=Engineering

ou=Staff

dc=cisco

dc=com

Then Base DN would be: dc=cisco,dc=com

Domain: cisco

Display Name: John West

User Serach Base: ou=Engineering,ou=Staff

You must define the specific location of the user, it will not search down the AD. You must also enter the First Name and the Last name for the user not their windows ID.

Please rate helpful posts.

Graham

View solution in original post

This section is just about defineing a user ID that it will use to access AD with.

So for this screen you must define the full path to that user.

Once you have access to AD then you click the add button at the bottom of this page and you enter your search paths there.

Graham

This is from my lab system

For the user with the display name you must define the full path.

User Records contain the search bases.

Graham

5 Replies 5

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

If you have a user with the

First name: John

Last Name: West

ou=Engineering

ou=Staff

dc=cisco

dc=com

Then Base DN would be: dc=cisco,dc=com

Domain: cisco

Display Name: John West

User Serach Base: ou=Engineering,ou=Staff

You must define the specific location of the user, it will not search down the AD. You must also enter the First Name and the Last name for the user not their windows ID.

Please rate helpful posts.

Graham

Hi Graham,

thanks for your reply, in my case i have users in the AD under different OUs not in hierarchical structure so how should my user search base look like ?

for example i have some users under OU named IT and another users under another OU called HR and so on.

This section is just about defineing a user ID that it will use to access AD with.

So for this screen you must define the full path to that user.

Once you have access to AD then you click the add button at the bottom of this page and you enter your search paths there.

Graham

This is from my lab system

For the user with the display name you must define the full path.

User Records contain the search bases.

Graham

Thank you so much Graham, I successfully configured it according to your instructions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: