cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about Presented Call and Abandoned calls in UCCX 8.5

jmendezb88
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to understand Cisco's UCCX Reports and we can't to figure out why the amount of presented calls doesn't match with the addition of call handled + call abandoned.

Can someone explain us the reason of this difference?.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

djlundberg
Level 5
Level 5

Hello-

What is your report interval?  It could be that calls were presented during your time-frame, but were either abandoned or handled outside of that time-frame.

It's hard to tell without a complete picture of your environment, but those numbers frequently don't fully add up.

DJ

thanks, dj, maybe you can review my answer to Aroon for help us

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

That looks like the CSQ Activity report, but with the 'Calls Handled by Other' column missing. Calls to this CSQ might have also been queued to another CSQ, and answered there - and be counting up in that missing column.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron

I just uploaded three reports, one for april, may and June, so you can view all the information.

In our configuration, all agents have only one skill, the script of "calldic" doesn't have call redirect or subflows, we don't have configuration of priority, overflow or something like that, it has a schedule of 7am to 8pm all days. We reviewed that there are no calls handled or abandoned that finish after 8PM between other things.

Our costumers ask us for that difference, but is hard to find in all documentation we have, for that we did a manual process for find the differences. We did a detailed Call CSQ Agent Report to research if we can obtain the same results of Cisco Reports,. Only is possible to obtain the Call Handled Field; Abandoned Calls has a difference of 15-30 calls (we try to filter only for Call Disposition 1, adding or removing duplicates values of sequence Number or filter by calls that have the CSQ without * ); Presented call has other difference, we understand and we have are being carefull about the difference of presented call by agent of a CSQ, we add or remove transfers, but it doesn't work.

My company is also having this issue, however the thread stops after your response.  we have calls handled by other displaying, and we still get 1-2 calls daily that are "more" than handled + abandoned. 

can you tell me why this is happening?

Hi,

I got the same question and then one of my friend explain the scenario how the total value of calls handled and calls abandoned is not equal to calls presented. I think his explanation makes sense.

first of all, i would like to give the definition of each column based on cisco doc:

Calls Presented

Calls that are routed to the CSQ, regardless of whether an agent picked up the call.

Calls Handled-Handled

Number of calls that were handled by the CSQ.

Calls Abandoned-Abandoned

Number of calls that were routed to the CSQ and were abandoned.

Here is the scenario: 

1st scenario:

There is 1 call that hit the CSQ, and then the call is presented to Agent 1, and then the Agent 1 pick up the call. In this scenario the value would be:

Calls presented: 1

Calls handled: 1

Calls abandoned: 0

This is the normal scenario where calls handled + calls abandoned = calls presented

2nd scenario:

There is 1 call that hit the CSQ, and then the call is presented to Agent 1, but Agent 1 didn't pick up the call, after several time, the call then presented to another Agent in the CSQ (Agent 2) and then the Agent 2 pick up the call. In this scenario the value would be:

Calls presented: 2

Calls handled: 1

Calls abandoned: 0

This is the more likely scenario where calls handled + calls abandoned != calls presented

The call is presented 2 times to the CSQ (Agent 1 & Agent 2), but only handled once (by Agent 2), when Agent 1 not pick up the call, it is not count as abandoned calls, because the call is still connected but with different Agent.

To make sure of this explanation, maybe you can check the detail call of that time when the total value of calls handled and calls abandoned is not equal to calls presented or maybe check the total call handled by Agent of the CSQ, probably there is value where an Agent is ignore the call (calls offered to the Agent != calls handled by the Agent).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Even

I had the same question as the OP but the "Calls Handled by Others"field gave me the answer I was looking for. Further google-fu provided this equation:
Calls presented = calls handled + calls abandoned + calls dequeued + calls handled by others

HTH,

Randy