cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on Switch step

dferrie
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me what the maximum number of values / connections that can be used in a switch step are?

Dave  

5 Replies 5

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

I can't find any mention in any document of a max number of values in a Switch Step.  How many are you planning on implementing?

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

I have used over 70 entries and it's not a problem there.

Dat

dferrie
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking at 150 entries minimum. We are running enhanced and the customer doesn't want to upgrade to premimum and do a database dip. Parsing an XML file that large causes a exceed 1000 step error. Each entry in the XML file takes 9 steps, that puts me at 1350 steps just to parse the XML file.

Unless someone has a way to parse the XML file that can be done in less steps, the switch step seems to be my only way to go.

I have not seen any of your code, but consider this appraoch:

This uses 2 steps for each department:

Switch (department)

Help Desk

Set greeting = help_desk_greeting

Customer Service

Set greeting = customer_service

Set greeting = default_greeting

This uses 1 step for each department:

Set greeting = p[department + "_greeting.wav"]

And if you are setting multiple values, this also only uses 1 step for each department:

Do { greeting = p[department + "_greeting.wav"]; business_calendar = department + "_calendar.xml"; }

I suggest you to use a better XML syntax. You can search the data in XML instead of check the data row by row:

e.g.:

i want to search a record with the value "Tel" in XML:

Testing

Then i get the XML data:

Storemanager = Get XML Doc Data (doc, "/descendant::Store_managers/child::Store_manager[Tel="+Tel+"]/child::manager")

If the return value is not null, the i can get a correct entry.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: