Views
Helpful
Replies

Queue behavior on Contact Center

hyortiz01
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends:

I have one question related with queue behavior on UCCX. I have several users which are assigned two different queues profiles each of them. How does the UCCX algorithm manage to derive the call from one queue or the other to each of this users?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You're finding some of the holes you can create when creating queue logic. So in your above example calls with higher priority will always go before lower priority regardless of how long they have been waiting. So you need think about that scenario when you have the same group of agents handling different queues. In these kind of scenarios what I like to recommend is to bump calls with lower priority up after X amount of time in queue. This gives a way to empty a lower priority queue with a higher call volume.

david

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

The logic is that the call with the highest priority which has been waiting the longest goes first. So if all the calls have the same priority then which ever has been waiting the longest goes first.

david

Hello David:

I understand that, but what would happen in this scenario: Queue#1 has 60 persons waiting and queue#2 has 3 persons waiting; additionally, queue#2 has better priority that queue#1. Which person would go next?.

You're finding some of the holes you can create when creating queue logic. So in your above example calls with higher priority will always go before lower priority regardless of how long they have been waiting. So you need think about that scenario when you have the same group of agents handling different queues. In these kind of scenarios what I like to recommend is to bump calls with lower priority up after X amount of time in queue. This gives a way to empty a lower priority queue with a higher call volume.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: