Queuing to skill group in a certain order

akumarmul
Level 1
Level 1

I have skill group

MasterCard_L1

MasterCard_L2

I also have a skill group Visa_L1 and Visa_L2

Now when a call comes to the skil group for MasterCard it goes to the Queue to skill group Node in the order

MasterCard_L1

MasterCard_L2

Now I have another set of agents specialized inhandling Visa. Their primary skill set is:

Visa_L1 & Visa_L2.  However they also have skill group MasterCard_L2 in case Mastercard were to get overloaded and needs to be queued to agent with Visa.

While they can take masterCard call, I want to make sure that when there are 2 calls (one for MasterCard & one for Visa) for this agent who has:

VisaL1 and Visa_L2 as their primary skill and MasterCard_L2 as secondary, the agent receives the call for Visa first.  How can that be achieved in ICM script ?

5 Replies 5

Dass Prakash R
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Arun,

This can be acheieved in two ways!!!

Option A:

You would need to create a secondary Skill group named Mastercard (Sec_Mastercard) and add it to the Queue to skill group as secondary skill. Primarily will be VISA and Secondary will be Master card

Option B:

You can add a LAA Node pointing to Skill Group Node for VISA Skillgroup (Not Queue to Skill Group) and the failure node of LAA you can point to Queue to Skill group Node where MasterCard agents are assigned to

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks,

Dass

Please rate useful posts

Prakash Thanks for replying.  Can we explicity add a skill group and mark it as secondary skill in queue to skill group node or the secondary is just identified by the order in which you list the skill groups.   (with secondary being the last)

Coming to your suggested solution, I have some question.  If I go with option A, when you say specify the Primary as Visa and Secondary as MasterCard.   Essentially I need MasterCard calls to be handled first by MasterCard agents and if they are not available go to Visa agents.  However if Visa agent needs to get Visa call, they need to handle that first before handling MasterCard call.  So there are two different Queue to skill group nodes, one for MasterCard and one for Visa.  On MasterCard node, I have:

Here L2 is like secondary.

MasterCard_L1

MasterCard_L2

On Visa node:

Visa_L1

Visa_L2

Now say there are 2 agents. John and Jack

John  has:

MasterCard_L1

MasterCard_L2

Jack has:

Visa_L1

Visa_L2

MasterCard_L2

How will this prevent Jack from not receiving MasterCard calls over Visa.  Can you elaborate ?

To answer Question#1

yes. It is been identified by the order you list in the Skill group Node

As per your illustration

John  has:

MasterCard_L1

MasterCard_L2

Jack has:

Visa_L1

Visa_L2

MasterCard_L2

John will receive calls only for Mastercard whereas Jack's primary skillset is Visa and secondary skillset is MasterCard. Jack will receive MasterCard calls only when all the Primary MasterCard agents are busy in handling the call. So If John is busy in handling the call Jack will receive the call for MasterCard. Say for example we have two calls in Queue one for MasterCard (wait time of 10 minutes) and Visa (Wait time of 5 minutes) the MasterCard call will be answered first because the ICM picks up the Longest Available Agent. If you want the Visa Calls to be answered first you would need to change the priority in the Queue to Skill group node. Lower the number higher the priority

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Dass

Please rate useful posts

I am seeing that by default the priroty in queue to skill group node is set to 5. However right after that, if the agent is notassigned the system is doing a check for Call.RequeryStats>0. If true it is setting to it to 1. What is Calll.requeryStatus used for.

Anyways now coming to your answer "If I want Visa agents with primary Visa skill set to answer Visa calls before MasterCard" then in queue to skill group node for Visa I set the priority to say 4 while I can leave the priority for the queue to skill group node for MasterCard to 5. That way while teh Visa agent can handle the MasterCard call, however of there is contention between MasterCard call and Visa call for the same agent who has Visa as primary and MasterCard as secondary, the Visa call will be addressed first

Am I understanding this correct ?

Thanks so much for your help.

In the case of a call being offered to an agent where the agent doesn't answer (logged out perhaps?) and the call is still queued as an example is where the Call requery status check is used. What it does is allow you to bump up the priority of that particular call so it will be answered ahead of other calls that are queued but perhaps not as long as that call. This is pretty much standard in my scripts.

From your description it sounds like the priority is being changed to 1 which is the highest priority.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: