cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"I'm sorry, we are currently experiencing system problems"

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

I ran into an issue were callers would receive "I'm sorry, we are currently experiencing system problems" intermittently. I traced the issue down to one agent that somehow we missed turning off the forward to voicemail option on ring no answer. The voicemail profile was set to "none" which defaults to the system default. After unchecking these, the issue appears to be resolved but curiosity has the best of me. I noticed that with these checked the caller would not hear the error message until the script presented the call to the agent around 6 times. I believe the issue was the result of UCCX not able to reach the voicemail extension so after x number attempts if generated the error message to the caller and generated the message "Reason: UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION, Too many transfer failures" in the MIVR logs. I assume the number of failed transfer attempts is hard coded in UCCX?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The number is hard coded to 6 times. Couple of months back I had similar issue and TAC engineer confirmed that the UCCX system attempts 6 times to reach agent. If it fails to reach then system generates exception error and plays "I'm sorry, we are currently experiencing system problems". To resolve this issue we had to add steps in the script to reroute the call when exception error is generated.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jim-j
Level 3
Level 3

I've noticed that as long as we have a voicemail profile set we don't get this error when an IPCC call is forwarded to voicemail.  I've never fully understood why this works, but I've taken advantage of this quirk to allow my agents to have voicemail (despite not being an officially supported configuration).

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The number is hard coded to 6 times. Couple of months back I had similar issue and TAC engineer confirmed that the UCCX system attempts 6 times to reach agent. If it fails to reach then system generates exception error and plays "I'm sorry, we are currently experiencing system problems". To resolve this issue we had to add steps in the script to reroute the call when exception error is generated.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: