cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

range issue with the EA4500

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

I am having considerable range problems with the EA4500. My old routed served my whole house. 3 laptops, 3roku, 3phones and ps3. Of course not all are running at the same time. With the EA4500 the range drops outside the office door and will not run the roku or Ps3 in the room with a small bathroom in between.it is in the same spot as my old router. I am very frustrated. Please help

---

Posted by WebUser Jeff McDonald from Cisco Support Community App

2 Replies 2

1stevenleung
Level 1
Level 1

Thats exactly what happen to me too...   my old router was a WRT54G and I replaced with a EA4500 lately 

I also connect  several device at home but I ve found that if I am few wall distance from the router , the device shows weak signal .  still have connectivity but pretty slow.   

I have tried to change the Dual band to both "N" it seemed to be slight better but still i got weak signal

Please help us out .

jurodri3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Web User,

Thank you for your question.

However, the Small Business Support Community is limited to Cisco Small Business Products and the EA4500 is not a Cisco Small Business Product. The EA4500 is considered as a Cisco Home Product.

In the next link you will find the area that may help you further with your question.

http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/routers/EA4500

Best regards,

Diego Rodriguez

Cisco Small Business Community Engineer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: