cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

raw2wav Utility not working UCCX 7

solomonluke
Level 4
Level 4

I am getting the following error when trying to convert raw file to wav on the UCCX 7 server.

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin>raw2wav.exe 201102231051360000316408364083.From.Raw
continuing..

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information

Any one seen this? and know a fix?

Thanks,

Solomon

6 Replies 6

Pablo Leiva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Solomon,

It seems the raw2wav is crashing with an unhandled exception. It would be worth to do an OS upgrade in case it's a problem MS problem - maybe on the .NET framework.

- What is the exact OS version we are running?
- Was this server installed using Cisco-provided OS or regular Windows 2003 server?
- Are the recordings saved on the default path (C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop_Audio ?
- Check on the event viewer for any error at the time you run the raw2wav.
- Finally, if you like, please attach the To.Raw and From.Raw and I'll try it on my Lab to make sure the files were saved properly.

Pablo

Hi Pablo,

- What is the exact OS version we are running?

Windows Server 2003 SP2
- Was this server installed using Cisco-provided OS or regular Windows 2003 server?

I installed it with Cisco provided OS
- Are the recordings saved on the default path (C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop_Audio ?

Yes

The server is fully patched. I have attched the files.

Thanks,

Solomon

Hello Solomon,

Got the same error here!

However, I noticed the raw files are only 1kb, meaning that the RTP packets are probably not getting to the server. Could you check if there are other raw files in your server which are larger than 1kb and see if the raw2wav conversion works with them?

Pablo

Hi Pablo,

I don't have any raw files that are more than 1kb.

Let me explain why I thought the raw2wav utility was not working. When the Supervisor plays back the recording there is no sound. So we converted the files to wav using the Supervisor desktop still there was no sound.

Now it makes sense that the RTP packets are not getting to the server. How do I trouble shoot and fix this problem?

Thanks,

Solomon

Solomon,

The most common issue is that the agent phone needs to have the 'Span to PC port' setting set to Enable and 'Advertise G.722 codec' to Disable. Also you can go on this checklist:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a008075025a.shtml

Please let us know how that works!

Pablo

I had this problem with 8.5(1) agent desktop and recordings, turns out there is bug in 8.5(1) agent desktop and also in 8.5.1 SU1 agent desktop.

The files are just 24 bytes in size and raw2wav chokes on them. The bug id is CSCtk76876 for the cad 8.5.1 issue.

Cisco provided me a newer agent.exe for 8.5(1) which kind of fixes the issue, but sometimes the agent desktop stops recording the calls and the 24 byte files occur again until the agent closes down CAD and re-opens it. I'm being told 8.5(2) will fix this. The workaround is to add a 2 second delay to your workflow before the start recording step. 

In my batch file, I download the Raw files via sftp using psftp then I do a loop and delete all Raw files less then 25 bytes and then run raw2wav on remaining Raw files.

Does anyone know if there is another utility besides raw2wav to convert and merge these Raw files? I tried to import them into audicity with import Raw function and different samplerates but it is just noise so they must not be truly raw audio files.