cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re: UpdateCallVarible Sample Gadget

rufaidashafik21170
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hey i have a JSON API 'https://safe-stream-34164.herokuapp.com/' and I have the following requirements:

1. The agent can select the required Menu/Submenu and click the Transfer Button 

2. As soon as the agent click the transfer button, Gadget will store the values of Menu and Sub Menus into the call variable (for example Menu=CallVariable1, sub-menu=CallVariable2)

I am new to cisco not getting how to update the call variables by getting the id from JSON file any help would be appreciated 

Thanks in advance

16 Replies 16

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Also - just to add to Denise response.

I would recommend you store this "data" in a single variable instead of across multiple call variables.

Its not that it is not possible to use multiple variables - but this is not good practice - as their are only 10 call variables and these could be used for other data - they are a scare resource and I assign these call variables at a global level across the contact center - which makes your scripting consistent. 

e.g.

"Call Variable 1" - Call Description for Agent

"Call Variable 2" - some other useful data

"Call Variable 10" - a temp Variable used for setting and playing audio prompts etc. 

So using a single call variable

If the caller selects the "3rd" option in the main  /  first menu and then selects menu option "2" in the sub menu, the call variable is set to "32"

Gerry

Yes i want to store my values in a single callvariable but im not getting how you can see my reply above to understand what im saying also i dont get your last line you trying to set a new callvariable?