Views
Helpful
Replies

Reboot the UCCX 7

xzjleo2005
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have two old UCCX 7 servers and want to reboot them one by one, I just want to confirm two things here:

1/ The way to reboot, since they are on Windows server, should I RDP into the Windows server then reboot the Windows server? Do I need to shutdown any services first before shutting down the server?

2/ Reboot sequence, should we reboot the slave server first, then the master ?

Thanks, Leo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Leo,

For your first question, yu do not need to shutdown any services before the restart. Simply RDP into the Windows server and perform the reboot/restart.

For the second question, restart the primary UCCX server first and once it comes up fully then only go ahead with the restart of secondary server. This way, primary UCCX server will be running as Master Engine Node. If you will restart Secondary UCCX server first, then it will become the Master node.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Leo,

For your first question, yu do not need to shutdown any services before the restart. Simply RDP into the Windows server and perform the reboot/restart.

For the second question, restart the primary UCCX server first and once it comes up fully then only go ahead with the restart of secondary server. This way, primary UCCX server will be running as Master Engine Node. If you will restart Secondary UCCX server first, then it will become the Master node.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks Deepak. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: