Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommendation for CCX upgrade to 12.5

Hello

We will upgrade one CCX server ver 11.6.2.10000 (one server with lic for 10 agents), using the following VMware configuration:

CPU: 2vCPU

Mem: 10GBContact Center

HD1: 146Gb

HD2: 146Gb

Guest OS Red hat linux 5

Network adapter type: Flexible

We are planning to use UCSInstall_UCCX_12_5_1_UCOS_12.5.1.11001-348.sgn.iso .

When we read OVA setting for 100 agents (not cloud connect) we have:

.) 2 vCPU

.) Mem: 14 Gb 

.) cDisk: 1x146GB

we are using this link as reference for a fresh install upgrade

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_12_5/install/guide/uccx_b_125install-and-upgrade-guide/uccx_b_125install-and-upgrade-guide_chapter_011.html

What is the best practice to implement this upgrade?

a) Can we use the above iso file on our current VM  with 2x146GB vidsk?

If not, what is the best recommendation?

b) When we read the options for "fresh Install" upgrade from 11.6 to 12.5 we don't see cop file requirements, but we found this file:

"ucos.keymanagement.cop.sgn" (This cop is required to be applied prior to the upgrade to set the system parameters so that 12.5SU1 can be installed - For all UCCX versions ( 11.6(2) , 12.0(1) and 12.5(1) )

is this cop file mandatory too?

Thanks for help

Enrique

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, the COP file is mandatory. It has to do with how the file is named or signed, I forget which. If you don't apply the COP file, the install process won't recognize the ISO file as being valid and you won't be able to run the upgrade.

The install won't complain about the additional disk, but you do need to worry about the additional DRAM requirement. My suggestion would be to shut down the current VM and add memory prior to running the upgrade.

As far as sequencing, I would say install the COP file, and then shut down the VM. Add the memory to the VM. Bring it back up, and wait for all services to start. Run the upgrade. All of this would be during a maintenance window, of course.

I would also add, make sure you have a backup. Make sure you have either a node locked license file, or the smart licensing info ready prior to the upgrade. Make sure you back everything up. Also make sure you have verified that the version of CUCM you are running is compatible with UCCX 12.5.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Yes, the COP file is mandatory. It has to do with how the file is named or signed, I forget which. If you don't apply the COP file, the install process won't recognize the ISO file as being valid and you won't be able to run the upgrade.

The install won't complain about the additional disk, but you do need to worry about the additional DRAM requirement. My suggestion would be to shut down the current VM and add memory prior to running the upgrade.

As far as sequencing, I would say install the COP file, and then shut down the VM. Add the memory to the VM. Bring it back up, and wait for all services to start. Run the upgrade. All of this would be during a maintenance window, of course.

I would also add, make sure you have a backup. Make sure you have either a node locked license file, or the smart licensing info ready prior to the upgrade. Make sure you back everything up. Also make sure you have verified that the version of CUCM you are running is compatible with UCCX 12.5.

csrlima
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Team, from UCCX 12.0 to 12.5, i dont need any license, correct? i can use the old one?

Best Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: