Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recorded Files extracted from UCCX 8.5 using sftp is only 1Kb

Hi All,

I have configured CCX agent recording using Cisco Desktop Workflow Administrator. When I am making calls to the agent I can see the files getting created on the server. I am also able to view these files on the Supervisor Record Viewer.

The downloaded files are in RAW format and are of 1Kb in size. When I try to convert these RAW files to WAV, it gives an error that the recording file is empty. I have also tried to save these files in WAV using the Supervisor Record viewer. The files can be opened using a media player but I am not able to hear anything. The WAV shows the right audio duration as well.

Please reply with your valuable suggestions.

Thank you.

Joseph Chirayath.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK - I don't see any packets except broadcast/mcast in that capture that aren't too or from your PC.

What vendor/model NIC is this? It may not be enabled for promiscuous monitoring.

Also do you definately have the PC plugged into the PC port of the phone for network access? You said 'I spanned the ports and ran wireshark.', but you don't need to SPAN anything for this; the phone should send copies of it's packets out the PC port and your PC should see them in the capture.

And have you reset the phone since span/voice vlan access were enabled (if this was done recently)

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I would start with step 1 - set yourself up a test workstation with CAD and wireshark installed, hung off the back of your test phone.

Make a call, with wireshark running, and verify you can see the RTP from the phone.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your quick reply. I did connect my CAD workstation with the wireshark installed to the back of the test phone. I spanned the ports and ran wireshark.

I am attaching the capture I recieved along with this post.

IP Address used in the test

IP Phone - 172.28.41.114

CAD Workstation - 155.14.201.171

IPCC PUB - 172.28.40.18

IPCC SUB - 172.28.40.19

Thank you.

Joseph Chirayath

I don't see any packets from your IP Phone in that debug.

Can you check these properties on the phone configuration page?

Span to PC Port = Enabled

PC Port VLAN Access = Enabled

Aaron

Hi,

I just checked that on the phone configuration page and I found that both the parameters are enabled. I am also attaching a screen shot of the same for your reference.

Thank you.

OK - I don't see any packets except broadcast/mcast in that capture that aren't too or from your PC.

What vendor/model NIC is this? It may not be enabled for promiscuous monitoring.

Also do you definately have the PC plugged into the PC port of the phone for network access? You said 'I spanned the ports and ran wireshark.', but you don't need to SPAN anything for this; the phone should send copies of it's packets out the PC port and your PC should see them in the capture.

And have you reset the phone since span/voice vlan access were enabled (if this was done recently)

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Thank you so much for your support. The settings for the NIC card on the TEST PC was blocking the forwarded packets from the phone. I tested using another TEST PC and it worked fine.

Thank you once again.

Joseph Chirayath.

Hi Joseph,

How you trace that, system was blocking forwarded packets ??

Please help....it would be helpful to understand exact issue and to resolve the same.

Thanks in advance...

Regadrs,

vpshinde.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: