Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording option with CVP

mikram
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I want to develop application either with Call Studio or micro apps to do recording such as announcement in .wav format to update the script prompts.

Any idea if I could achieve that with CVP , I dont has ASR/TTS platform.

Cheers

Shahid

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Sure, the Call Studio element Record can do this - Record with Confirm.

Record with FTP can send it to an FTP server, which if it constructed correctly, can be placing the file in the right place on a Media Store. You need to make sure the lifetime on the web server is set to immediately expire otherwise the cache on the gateway will hold a copy of the old file. This leads to poor gateway performance, as it can't use the cache. This is a problem you have to find a solution for.

Another problem is that if you have two Media Stores - as most do - you need to find a way to update both of them. When I did this I used the standard Record element and wrote a custom Java class to FTP the file somewhere. After the user confirms the recording is suitable, I use the custom FTP element to send the file to first one Media Store, and then use it again to send it to the other Media Store.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff,

Could you please share the call studio script if possible just to give the idea for others as well.

Thanks in advance

Shahid

It's trivial. Check the Element Specs. The harder part is the custom FTP class.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: