Views
Helpful
Replies

Relevant logs in UCCE envoirnment

himanshu87
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to know what are the relevant logs and how can they be collected in a ICM environment.

1. Router/Logger

2. PG logs

3. CTI OS logs

4. CVP logs(Call server logs)

5. Gateway logs

6. Any other relevant logs

I am currently having issue where my Gateway sends call to CVP but CVP does not send the call to ICM. It sends error tone back. In gateway SIP logs it says temporarily moved.

Thanks

Himanshu

25 Replies 25

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to refer ucce troubleshooting guide for logs.

For current issue, Do you have dialed number configured in ICM/aw ? And that pointing to call type and then script ?

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

Dialed number and call type are configured properly. Need to check the logs where the call fails.

Himanshu

can you attach CVP logs here?

also make a test call and check what do you see in your router log viewer?

Okay..i can sound complete stupid here..but here is the situation:

1. Dialed number 8001

2. Script was trimmed to only have two nodes start and queue to skill grp having an agent

3. 98001 RP in CUCM points to GW which changes to 8001 and forwards to CVP.

4. 8001 RP in CUCM pointing to CVP

When i dial 8001 the call rings agent extension and i able to pick up the call and talk.

However when i dial 98001..and enable debugs on the gateway..i see invite , ringing, then invalid sdp pointer and then cancel msg. 

Is there some issue with codec negotition?

also what is the call flow in both scenarios? i beleive in 2nd one..the label is passed from ICM to CVP to GW to Call manager?

the call flow looks good, and looks like 98001 is setup if user tries to dial the number using outside access.

just a suggestion, you can have users always dial internal number without prefixing 9 for outside access and block if some tries to call internal number with prefix 9. but that's later part on what are the best practices.

we can certainly try to troubleshoot why 98001 is not working, for that can you please post your gw configuration and if possible the sip debugs you have captured for the failed call.

Hi Chintan,

I am attaching the gateway logs. There is an invalid SIP pointer.

The call flow cucm(98001)-->GW(8001)-->CVP-->ICM(558888)->CVP--->GW

Thanks

Himanshu

attached log file is void. you may want to attache the one which has the data.

Hi Chintan,

I reconfigured the gateway..now i am hitting another problem. The send to VRU node aborts. I think when the label is sent to gw it does not know what to do next.

I am attaching the gateway config ..can you please take a look.

98XXX(cucm)-->gw(8XXX)-.CVP..label returned is 55888X.

Thanks

Himanshu

Can you also attach CVP logs?

regards

Chintan

Hi Chintan,

I am attaching the CVP and the gateway logs. Debug voip ccapi inout and debug ccsip messages.

Thanks

Himanshu

dial-peer voice 980 voip
 description CUCM incoming
 service survivability
 session protocol sipv2
 incoming called-number 980T

on the above dial-peer try including codec g711ulaw.

Did above worked?

Hi Chintan,

The call still fails. I put this command on the dial peer. In the IVR stats in CVP the calls are 0. Looks like gateway is not invoking the bootstrap.tcl script.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Himanshu

Hi Himanshu,

Can you attach another set of logs after codec changed, as earlier there was a codec negotiation problem so need to check next cause of failure.

And also please add below commands as well under bootstrap appl, then try.

application
  service bootstrap flash:bootstrap.tcl
  paramspace english language en
  paramspace english index 0
  paramspace english location flash:
  paramspace english prefix en

Suresh