Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Agent script?

Has anyone had any experience configuring a script that will place a caller on hold (i.e. in queue) while the system calls a list of after hour agents to take the call?   I have written scripts to process an on call list that plays a vm to the called agent.   This sounds like you would have to be able to conference a two contact script.

comments?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

djlundberg
Level 5
Level 5

Hi-

Yep, I've done this before.  You use the Place Call step for the initial call to the on-call and have them validate that they can take the call.  I've done this with a simple menu which eliminates issues with a voicemail answering.  Once they have validated that they are a real person and can take the call you terminate the call from the Place Call step.  At that point you can use a call redirect step to send original caller to your on-call's phone number.

I hope that helps.

DJ

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

djlundberg
Level 5
Level 5

Hi-

Yep, I've done this before.  You use the Place Call step for the initial call to the on-call and have them validate that they can take the call.  I've done this with a simple menu which eliminates issues with a voicemail answering.  Once they have validated that they are a real person and can take the call you terminate the call from the Place Call step.  At that point you can use a call redirect step to send original caller to your on-call's phone number.

I hope that helps.

DJ

Sounds like a two call solution.   You put the caller on hold; dial your list of outside agents, find one, get them to stand by, hang up.   Take the caller off hold and transfer them to the outside agent?    I think that would work, but the requirement is different.  We dont want to hang up on either party.  We want to find the outside agent, then conference the held caller in to the established connection.  Not sure this can be done, but if not, you solution is the next best thing.

I have created call back scripts that hold a place in queue waiting for an agent to become available, but we hang up on the original contact.  In this application we would need to keep the original contact on the line, process the list of outside agents, and then "conference" them with the  original contact.

Has anyone had any success conferencing two contacts in UCCX?

https://youtu.be/j7jFLy2bRrA  this is a youtube video on a script we wrote using the strategy that @djlunberg seems to suggest.  

Peter Buswell (aka DrVoIP)
http:/drvoip.com/blog

@djlundberg - I am going to run with your scenario, as it seems to be the only option!   I think what is really need in the future is a way to conference two contacts!  Thanks for your input!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: