cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rename CSQ for repurposing

tbeverly
Level 1
Level 1

We have an unused CSQ that I would like to rename for another group. The trigger will remain the same. What dependencies would I need to rename as well to make sure that clients are still able to call in under the script? I would assume csq, route point and script. Has anyone performed this task before?

Thank you.

6 Replies 6

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Renaming a CSQ is not difficult, as the system has a numerical ID for it on the database. I've renamed a few and the main location to validate after changing it under CSQ's is in the script for the select resource step.

Man how I wish the association from script to CSQ name was tighter. I.e., The editor can obtain a list of CSQ names after connecting to the server which you pick from. It would make designing script offline harder, but how many people are really designing scripts offline? Even then, you could just let the editor ignore that field until connected to the server again.

I just had a thought. You since the CSQ ID stays the same between name changes, one could utilize the Admin API in a subflow to convert CSQ IDs to names. In this way, your script can refer to the CSQ ID only, and the name is pulled in dynamically. Sigh, I'm not too excited about it, because even just getting the CSQ ID is not all that easy. For example, its not even shown on the CSQ listing page. You have to get it from the URL.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
There are a lot of places the CSQ name could be used. It's hard to say. For example, your solution designer could have put CSQ names inside of XML documents which your scripts read for schedules, holidays, or various other reasons.

However, assuming you have the most vanilla of systems, a CSQ name is typed into your script manually by a human. Which scripts? That's going to be your task, to open every script and find out which ones are using the old name and convert them.

A slightly less vanilla, but still basic scenario, are Application Parameters. You'd have to click on every Application and check the parameters.

There are no mechanisms to find this kind of stuff quickly. It's all very manual. Good naming conventions should help.

Looks like lots of manual changes. The CSQ does have a calendar. Would i have to change the RP in CUCM? Not being very familiar with either CUCM or UCCX thats the one change I am most worried about.

Nope. First off, you would never make a change to a CTI Route Point or CTI Port in CUCM for UCCX. This is only ever done from within UCCX. Second, for a CSQ to function, you do not need to edit the CTI RP or UCCX Trigger.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: