cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reporting Question

James Carlson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. Our Contact Center Supervisor is asking if there's a way to pull reports showing how many times an option is pressed on our Call Tree/Call Script.

For example, she wants to see how many times over a certain time period that someone presses 1 for the Contact Center or 2 for the Mortgage Dept., etc.

Now, for the options on the call tree that actually route to a CSQ Application, I can run a CDR Report for Incoming Traffic and it will basically display that someone pressed 2 for the Mortgage Dept. X number of times.

My question is that is there any way to pull this data or is it even being recorded by the system?

Is the number of times that a Call Tree option is selected being recorded by the Cisco CDR?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

10 Replies 10

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

I have this working on one of my scripts.  Here is what I did:

When an option is pressed in a menu step, I use a Set Enterprise Call Variable to set a value for one of the Call.PeripheralVariable.

I then run a Call Custom Variables script to see how many times a specific option was pressed.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Thanks for the info!

I am a little confused in regards to the Enterprise Call Variable though. I have the "Set" option but nothing for Enterprise Call Variable?

We are running an older version of UCCX CRS Editor (5.0) and I'm upgrading to 7.0 on 4/21. Is it possible that this option isn't there in the earlier version?

Thanks again for your help.

That should be a valid step under the Call Contact Steps.  I see it listed in the step reference guide for 5.0, on page 2-70

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_5_0/programming/script_devp/editor_step_ref/crs501sr.pdf

Corrrect you are! I overlooked it.

As it stands right now, I am using the Set Extension with it pointing to a Variable String that has the extension defined. For Example, in the screenshot, the Filters are defined in the Menu, the label for option 1 is "info24' and the "Set Extension = info24" is the Variable String that points to the corresponding extension.

Would I replace the "Set Extension = info24" with the Set Enterprise Call Info?

I'm not sure what you are using the Set step for specifically, so I would leave it in there.

Under your menu option "Info24", you would want to put the Set Enterprise Call Info step and define it as something like this:

Then when a customer chooses that option, it will set that variable to "Info24", which you will see in the Call Custom Variables report.

If option 2 is "Info35", then you would just set the value to "Info35" in the step and place that under menu 2 option.

Ohhhhh, I see. And then option 2 in the menu would be Call.PeripheralVariable2, and on down the line. Correct?

You could do it that way, but I would make them all Call.PeripheralVariable1, since there will never be an overlap on a call of the menu options.  Plus if you do it this way, if you have a secondary menu (i.e. option 1 under menu 1 leads to menu 2), you can then use Call.PeripheralVariable2 to specify the menu option selected in menu 2.

Cool.

And then for the reporting, are you running the Call Custom Variables Report, Detailed, with the Filter Parameter set to Custom Variable 1 with the Enter Parameter Value being Call.PeripheralVariable1 ?

You can do it a couple different ways.

If you are looking to get an idea on quantity of callers that choose a specific option, then I would use the filter parameter of Custom Variable 1 with a value of "Info24" (or whatever you have specified the value as in the script).

If you want to get all calls, regardless of value, then I would run the same report, but use the filter parameter of Application Name and specify the name of the applicaton you want to run the report on.

Andrew-

In the Script, I have added the "Set Enterprise Call Info" - Call.PeripheralVariable1 - setting to each of the menu options. However, when I go to run the Call Custom Variables Report, I only see the options for "Custom Variable _ " and no matter what I put in the "Enter Parameter Value" field, the report does not return any data. Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help. Let me know if you would like any screen shots.

-James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: