Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reprompt not happening cvp12.5

Hi , There's a situation where i am building my custom form element in CVP12.5 call studio. IT is giving fine "initial_audio_group" and "noinput_audio_group" and "nomatch_audio_group" recordings . But the problem is once initial_audio_group is played , and no input or no match event is occured , reprompt of initial_audio_group is not happening .

So i tried to test this inbuilt call studio form element . Attaching the debug logs for no match event for both cases

case 1 : when i put initial audio group + no input + no match  audio groups . And assigned recording for each of the group . But still reprompt was not happening after playing NI/NM audio file.

<catch event="nomatch">
<prompt bargein="true">
<audio src="/CVP/audio/BFSL/DEFAULT/nm1.wav" />
</prompt>
<assign name="audium_vxmlLog" expr="audium_vxmlLog + '|||nomatch$$$' + '1' + '^^^' + application.getElapsedTime(audium_element_start_time_millisecs)" />
<assign name="audium_vxmlLog" expr="audium_vxmlLog + '|||audio_group$$$' + 'nomatch_audio_group' + '^^^' + application.getElapsedTime(audium_element_start_time_millisecs)" />
<assign name="nomatch_count" expr="nomatch_count + 1" />
</catch>

case 2: when i gave just initial audio gruop without no input ot no match audio group . To my surprise , this time reprompt   of inital audio iwas happening in case of NI/NM event . Its just that no audio src was playing for NI/NM event .

<catch event="nomatch">
<assign name="audium_vxmlLog" expr="audium_vxmlLog + '|||nomatch$$$' + '1' + '^^^' + application.getElapsedTime(audium_element_start_time_millisecs)" />
<assign name="audium_vxmlLog" expr="audium_vxmlLog + '|||audio_group$$$' + 'nomatch_audio_group' + '^^^' + application.getElapsedTime(audium_element_start_time_millisecs)" />
<assign name="nomatch_count" expr="nomatch_count + 1" />
<reprompt />

Please help me understand what am i doing wrong here 

2 Replies 2

You probably are running into this 12.5 specific bug on this topic.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvw81416

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Assuming you've set MaxNoMatch to 3. Here's how VxmlServer works  (similarly for NoInput):

1. In Call Studio, if you do not include a Nomatch audio group, then VXMLServer copies/pastes the Initial audio group as the NoMatch1, NoMatch2 audio group. 
So, if you configure only InitialAudioGroup: Item1: MainMenu.wav

Then the caller hears this in response to NoMatch1 and NoMatch2: MainMenu.wav

2. If you include your own NoMatch1 audio group, then your NoMatch1 group MUST include its own reprompt.

For example, you should configure this:

InitialAudioGroup: Item1: MainMenu.wav

NoMatch1 AudioGroup:
Item1: InvalidEntry.wav
Item2: MainMenu.wav

3. If you do not also include a custom NoMatch2 or NoMatch3 Audio Group then VxmlServer copies your NoMatch1 group and makes it the NoMatch2, NoMatch3 groups.

So if you configure as in step 2 above, this is what VXMLServer creates:

InitialAudioGroup: Item1: MainMenu.wav

NoMatch1 AudioGroup:   Item1: InvalidEntry.wav    Item2: MainMenu.wav

VXMLServer does this for you:

NoMatch2 AudioGroup:   Item1: InvalidEntry.wav    Item2: MainMenu.wav

NoMatch3 AudioGroup:   Item1: InvalidEntry.wav    Item2: MainMenu.wav

The problem with this is the 3rd NoMatch shouldn't ask the caller for input, as it's not waiting for input.

So you should always create your own NoMatch3 group, to say something like this:
NoMatch3 AudioGroup:   Item1: InvalidEntry.wav     Item2: MaxTries.wav

You can do that by creating the NoMatch2 group, and when you select it, you'll see a Count pull-down menu half-way down the audio config tab. You can change the 2 to 3 (or whatever your MaxNoMatch setting is configured to).

4. Finally, and this is VERY  VERY annoying - CVP 12.5 has a BUG around creating your own reprompting and you should install the ES11 (I think) which fixes it.